Chapter 05: Why Care?

"Why do you need to go to a Doctor's appointment?" He repeated, I stood frozen and shocked. What should I say? Anger surged through me, why care suddenly? He is the one always telling me to leave and quit.

"It is none of your concern." I murmured quietly.

Why did I say that when I am the one wanting to leave?

"Just answer the question, Elliot." He grumbled softly, as his eyes soften. I was shocked by his 'bipolarity'. And did he just call me Elliot?

"No, why do you care anyway?" I blabbered at him, wanting him to tell me he does. I don't know, I fear him. Whenever I am nervous, I turn stupid. it's stupid.

That's when his green eyes went cold and a scowl appeared on his face.

Great job, I totally ruined this 'moment'. I thought sarcastically as my heart broke a little. Why is he making me feel this way?

"You're right." He breathed out, as he stood up and walked towards the door. Once he opened it he turned to me.

His cold steel eyes stared intensely at my brown eyes.

"I don't care." He said harshly, and I flinched at his tone. The lump in my throat came back.

"And no, you can't take that 'off'." With that, he left. I slowly sat down on my chair and breathed out the breath, I didn't know I was holding.

That's when I noticed a trader tear that struck down my face, I immediately wiped it off. "Stop it, Elliot, you're a strong girl. And strong girls don't cry." I said to myself, that's when I broke down. My tears went down my cheeks, like a hurricane.

My little brother was dying.

My father abuses me.

I am all alone.

I let out soft sobs. I slid down my chair and sat on the cold floor. I let out breaths, in and out.

*

James Monroe's POV.

I left her and went into my office. Once I reached them, I turned on my computer and sighed.

Why do I keep thinking about her? Why do I care?

'Because you do', a voice at the back of my head said. I ignored it.

Why does she need to go to a doctor's appointment? Is something wrong with her? That thought scared me a little, my heart pounded? Is she sick? I shook my head.

She can't be. Maybe I should give her that 'off'. My thoughts were cut off when I heard 'her' sobs.

Doesn't she know that her room is not soundproof? Did I make her cry? my eyes widen.

'Of course, you did, you doof!', that annoying voice said, as I groaned. I did not have any intention to make her cry.

Should I go to her and confront her? God, I feel like a douche bag.

That's because you are one. I groaned feeling like a migraine is coming. The guilt was eating me up alive.

Was I being a little harsh?

James, you need to focus on your career and the project that could change everything. The computer showed me a bunch of emails that held documents. I sent them to Elli- Miss. Walter to print out. I heard her computer make that ding noise. Honestly, I just wanted to see her.

Great now, I sound like a girl. I thought.

Her sobs quieted, and I relaxed a little, knowing that she wasn't crying. Does she know that she has this effect on me?

A knock on my door broke me from my thoughts. "Come in," I say as I let out a breath. In came the beauty itself. I groaned mentally in my head.

Her brown eyes were looking down, in an innocent way. Her suit suited her, they fit her every curve. "Here you go, sir." She said as she put the file on the desk. Her brown hair was down today, and it looked cute? I just couldn't help myself.

I stood up and walked towards her, while she nervously played with her fingers. When I was an inch from her face, I blew a little on her face, and then went to her ear, and kissed it a little. She shivered a little making me smirk.

"Beautiful," I whispered, and immediately backed away.

My inner self was coming out! It was unprofessional.

What am I doing! I turned away from her and said, "You may go now."

I need to stop this and work on Project X51. The one I have been working and need to finish before it's too late.

It would be too late to change the world for the better.

"Y-yes sir" Then the door opened and closed with a loud SLAM!

I can't have feelings for anyone, I just can't.

So, I won't.

End of James's Point of View