𝟒.𝟐𝟏 𝐓𝐞𝐳𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚

Start from the beginning

"So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out,I say we get going." He says pointing to the van. "We can't. Not without Lydia." Stiles tells him, obviously annoyed at the mans urgency. "What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asks them. "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." Malia tells him as she takes out Kira's katana.

"Nothing." Stiles says as he puts his phone back in his pocket. "If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden tells the group. "That's a good point. We'll call her from the road." Peter says with even more urgency than before. "No. What if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles tells him "Fine. You stay you find her. We're gonna go on without you." Peter tells him, heading towards the van.

"I could call Mason." Liam suggests. "He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

"All right. Fine." Stiles says sighing, Jules heading to Bretts car when Peter decides to speak up again. "Remember what we're dealing with. It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left.Oh. This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" He says directing his voice towards Liam. "Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

***

The drive to Mexico seemed like it would take forever. Jules still couldn't shake the feeling she had off her chest, and Brett could smell it on her. Knowing she probably wouldn't want to talk about it he intertwined their hands. Jules smiling and turning to look at him. Jules then looking at how the sun went down.

She waited as it turned dark to look at the stars, just like Scott had done when she had gone missing. The stars were always a special thing to her. Every fear, every hope, every desire that people shared became a star in the sky. Jules felt like even when she was in pure darkness, she could always count on the stars to shine the way.

Jules hadn't realized it yet, but she was staying in control. She hadn't found an anchor because it wasn't a person...it was a thing. The stars became her anchor and Jules smiled down at her hands, realizing she didn't have to dig her claws in her palms to keep her human.

"What are you smiling about?" Brett asks her, noticing she was looking down at her hands. "Just the stars." She tells him as they finally arrive to the temple. Both of them getting out walking toward the van to see if Liam was okay. What they didn't anticipate however was Derek being attacked by a Beserker. Jules gasping as Derek is thrown to the ground and then picked up by the Beserker. The beast stabbing Derek's stomach over and over again as blood begins to seep from his mouth.

"How bad is it?" Peter asks as Braden checks Derek's wound. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Just get to Scott. Just find him. We'll be right behind you." Derek tells the group as he struggles to breath.

"Go." He tells the group. "Go!"

"Hey, hey." Derek says calling out to Jules and Stiles. "Save him." He says Jules nodding her head as Brett grabs her hand following the group inside. Stiles' phone ringing as his Dad was calling him. Jules grabbing her chest as Brett puts his hands on her face. "He'll be fine okay? We'll find him." He tells her kissing her lips. "I still have a bad feeling" She tells him.

"What do we do now?" Liam asks the group. "Duck! Malia tells them as a Beserker attempts to attack them. "Get down, Go! Go! Go!" Peter tells them as they run deeper into the temple. The group finally reaching a more open part of the temple. "Go find Kira and Scott!" Malia tells Stiles as she throws Kira's katana at him. "Go!"