𝟒.𝟏𝟖 𝐈𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I'll try." Jules tells her. "I'm not kidding. I need you alive Jules. You make me brave." Kira tells her as tears well up in her eyes. "How could I possibly make you brave. Your a badass, katana wielding kitsune. It should be the other way around." Jules tells her as she begins to laugh. "You've been through more than a lot of us and yet you persevere, so yeah you make me brave." Kira tells the younger girl hugging her again before they hear the door opening.

Scott walking in and Kira running up to him. The couple kissing as Jules makes her way back into the room with Brett and Lori's pack. "Satomi, this is who I was telling you about." Says Kira as she walks in with Scott, his arm around her shoulders

"I know who Scott McCall is." Satomi says as she turns to smile at him.  "Are we safe here?" Lori asks him as he stops to take a look at everyone's appearance, seeing that Jules, Brett and Lori were soaking wet, dirt on the faces of Brett and Lori.

"We're gonna need help. A lot of help."

***

Scott had taken them to Argents warehouse. All of them walking inside taking in their surroundings. The group waited in the middle of the warehouse waiting for Argent. However Satomis pack didn't know this and when they heard noise, Brett immediately became defensive and tried to attack him.

"Wait! Wait! Brett! This is his place. It's his." Scott  tells the taller boy as Jules holds him back.  "Scott, Jules, if you bring in guests, you could have called." Argent tells the siblings as he looks around to see Satomi's pack. " I didn't have anywhere else to take them." Scott tells him.

"I know this man." Satomi says as she emerges from her pack. "He may not remember, but we've met before." She adds. "You can trust him." Scott tells her, having his arm out just in case he needed to stop her from doing something rash. "We trust him." Jules continues for him.

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi asks the two teens. "What others?" Argent asks them. "Last night, there was a whole team after them. And they used crossbows." Kira answers him pulling out the arrow she had broken in half.

"They're hunters, aren't they?" Scott asks Argent, concerned for the well being of everyone."Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore." Argent answers the younger boy.

"Can they find us?" Brett asks him. "They might already know you're here. Maybe they're waiting for dark." Argent answers him as Brett turns to look at Lori, then proceeding to hold her hand.

"So we're not safe here?" Scott asks Argent. "We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us." Satomi says.

"If they're coming, Scott, they're coming for you and Jules. You're still number one and two on the deadpool." Argent tells them as Scott turns to look at his Jules, who was smiling at him to try and tell him that he was going to be okay.

"I know. I know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith. She just needs more time." Scott tells Argent, pulling Kira closer to him.

"Then that's what she'll get."

***

The group was soon waiting for Derek and Braeden to arrive. Jules sitting next to Lori as Brett talked to Scott and Satomi about what their next step was. "You know he talks about you a lot." Lori tells her as Jules turns to look at her.

"Brett,he talks about you all the time. I've never really seen my brother like this. It's a bit annoying actually." She continues as Jules begins to smile slightly. The two girls sitting in silence before Lori opens her mouth to speak again. "Is there still hope, I mean—are we gonna die.?" She asks Jules, as the older girl looks at her—Lori reminding Jules of the younger, more scared version of herself.

Jules to Lori's hand in hers and squeezed it tight. "I'm not gonna let that happen. We've handled a lot, and a lot of us didn't make it, but Lori I promise you, we're not dying tonight." Jules tells Lori, the younger girl looking at her in admiration, understanding why her brother liked her so much.

And although Jules didn't know it, Brett had been staring at her from afar, smiling as she talked to his sister. Satomi noticed this and smiled at her beta, admiring the connection the two shared. "I like her." Satomi tells him as she nudges his side. "I've seen the way you look at her, the way your head turns up when her name is mentioned. The way you talk about her to Lori. Don't let someone like her slip past your fingers." She adds as Brett looks down at his feet in embarrassment. "I don't plan on it." He tells her, looking back at Jules seeing she had her hand intertwined with Lori's.

Jules soon stands up, walking towards a less crowded spot to think about all the things that had happened in her life.  The deaths of the people closest to her. The amount of creatures and hunters they had to go through. However Jules didn't want to think about the past anymore, she wanted to think about the future. If they made it out of this what would she do? Running away from people seemed to have taken over her whole life. She wanted to know what was in store.

"Why are you thinking about?" Brett says standing next to her, interrupting her thoughts. "Just, the future I guess." She answers him having to turn her neck up as he was significantly taller than her. "Yeah? What about it?" He asks her, wanting to know what was going on inside her head.

"If we survive this, what are we gonna do? I mean all of our lives will suddenly just go back to normal. Well I mean as normal as they can get." She tells him. "Well, that depends on what we do with our lives. Some of us will just want to move on, but others will want to make a change, I mean I certainly don't want my life to go back to the way it was, because that means you wouldn't be in my life. A few weeks ago I didn't even know who you were, now I'm just like—Jules McCall." He says, smiling when he says her name.

Jules' eyes shining while she looked at him. "Brett Talbot you are something else." She tells him as she smiles at him. "Something good I hope." He tells her, moving her hair out of her face. "I wouldn't think of you any other way." She tells him, seeing Scott walk up to them, holding Kira's hand. "They're here, Derek and Braeden are here." He tells them, all of them beginning to walk to the middle of the warehouse.

Derek and Braeden walked side by side, guns in hand as Scott walked up to them. All three of them looking at the wolves in the room. "They'll be okay." Scott says as he look to Kira and then at Jules.

"They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters." Derek tells him tilting his head. "That's why I called you." Scott tells him. "Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." Derek informs him.

"That's why he called me." Braeden says cocking her gun. "Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira says to the group. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens."

"Right? Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden says turning her attention from Kira to Scott. "Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott tells her.

"What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" Brett interrupts.

"Then let's send a message. Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins,
hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun.
Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list." Derek says walking forward to look at everyone in the warehouse.

"Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool."