Chapter Eleven, The eye of a hurricane

"Worry, fear, doubt, and despair are the enemies which slowly poison us—

Bringing us to dust before we even get the chance to die"

-Most likely from some facebook mom, I didn't do much research into this quote

Tw// Abuse (towards the end of the chapter)

---------

To be truly honest, things haven't been that bad for Tubbo. He finally gets to spend the rest of his days with his best friend, the two closer than any blood brothers. To finally spend time with the loud teenager without the fear and trauma of war that hung from their wrists and ankles like weights. The two friends being able to finally protect one and another without anyone getting involved and breaking the strong bond..

It was heaven! It was meant to feel like heaven! So why did Tubbo's stomach churn when the idea of forever peace kept resurfacing in his mind? As he drew back the long wooden fishing rod, watching the silk string glimmer against the rising sun as it drew back from the shallow waters. The metal hook flicking towards the sky as it was drawn back once again missing the bait. Letting out a loud groan Tubbo leaned back into the wooden platform he had made for himself grabbing one of the many worms Tommy had caught for him.

Ever so carefully Tubbo grabbed the small metal hook, his fingers pressed against where the hook met with the silk as he pressed the small worm against the sharp end. Watching it squirm and shake as the metal tip went in and came out the other end, the white gooey blood pricking out from the exit wound. Letting go of the small hook Tubbo pulled back his arms as he unleashed the long thread, watching the worm sink into the river.

Fishing gave Tubbo a lot of time to just think by himself, to let himself relax as the calm waves brushed against his small wooden dock. He'd often use it as an escape to get away from Schlatt when he lived in L'Manberg or well Manberg. But it also had its negative effects as well. Being lost in his thoughts for so long it didn't take long for that small bit of doubt from last week to grow like a weed inside his brain. Wondering if this really was the ending he and Tommy were meant to get.

And it's not like Tubbo didn't enjoy hanging out with Tommy, and even if he didn't the duo spent most of the day away from each other. Tommy spends most of the day hanging out with the fairies whilst Tubbo, you know.. Fishes. But something still felt wrong about the whole situation. Almost like it was too good to be true for the duo, like any second now someone would come and mess everything up.

And it didn't help that Tommy was hiding something from Tubbo, causing him to distrust the situation even more than he had before. Tubbo's thoughts raced back and forth as he jumped to conclusion after conclusion. Thinking back about how secretive Tommy had been the past two days..

Tubbo had known Tommy for god knows how long, and it didn't take long for him to notice something was up with Tommy. They had spent about two weeks at the small camp, and for most of the second week, Tommy had spent his time with the fairies.

Waking up early in the morning and sneaking out of the tent to not wake up Tubbo, which had never worked, speaking to the fairies in a quiet and hushed tone. And when Tubbo had brought up the fact to Tommy, Tommy had just shrugged it off saying that he was 'Just getting materials earlier in the morning so he didn't have to work under the sun.' —

With a harsh tug Tubbo was brought back to reality. His thin fishing rod bending to the point of breaking as the river's tide got stronger and higher by the second. Cursing under his breath Tubbo tried to real back the silk but the tide was too strong it didn't help that the hook had got caught under one of the mossy rocks. Hearing the loud snap of the fishing rod was a clear sign to Tubbo that it was time to head back home as the water started to seep into his small dock.