(50) My entire family?

Start from the beginning

Then Matteo dropped down on his knees again looking at Ryder with a frantic expression. "Ryder our brothers were with you right? Where are they? What happened?", He demanded, sounding terrified.

"We were attacked. Our men and I were following your brothers when it all happened", Ryder winced a little when my hand pressured more into his wound, I quickly apologized and lessened the press of the cloth on his injury.

"Then?", Matteo insisted him to continue.

"Our men got killed one by one before we could figure out the direction of the attack. For some reason they left me alive in order to deliver a message to you two", Ryder breathes through the pain.

"What?", I frowned. "But what about Enzo and the twins?"

Ryder slowly pulled out a letter from his pocket handing it over to me with shaky blood dripping hands, an apologetic look on his face. "I'm sorry, they took your brothers away."

My heart dropped to my stomach. Fear gripped me so tight that I almost forgot how to speak the next words. I froze staring at him with shock.

"What? Why? Who?", Matteo rambled, practically shouting.

In that exact time some of our men came running inside the house pausing in shock at the sight in front of their eyes. Matteo called them I guess.

Snapping out after a second they quickly head over to Ryder and try to pick him up in order to get him to the hospital for treatment.

"I'm sorry for failing to protect them", Ryder admitted with guilt. "I don't know who it was, but that letter was clearly instructed to deliver it to you."

I couldn't even reply as Ryder and the men were soon out of our sight. Matteo turned towards me and I shakily unfold the letter in my hand.

Dear younger Costellos,

Your older brothers will remain my guests as long as I see fit. So don't expect them to come by anytime soon.

You don't know me yet and I assure you'll never find out where I am keeping your brothers hostage. Just know that I'm your family's biggest unknown enemy.

Be grateful you two are still breathing freedom. I'd rather you live in fear remembering every second that your brothers are with me they're either alive or unfortunately dead.

~Dimitri Ivanov.

(PS- You should know my name because I prefer you trembling in fear of the man that'll ruin your lives)

"What the hell?", I whispered, suddenly feeling weak.

Matteo snatched the letter from my hands and read it over and over until I watched him get pale in fear. He practically froze in shock too.

I could feel myself well up with tears. Finding my voice I immediately shake Matteo by his arm. "We need to call Dad now! Matteo you hear me?!", I practically screamed.

No matter how much I tried he didn't seem like he could hear me. Impatiently I them grabbed his phone from his hand and quickly called Dad.

I could hear the ringing, but he didn't answer making me feel more and more overwhelmed by the second. Giving up on Dad, I then call Ales praying he answers.