Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: demolition

A week of bliss.

Nik and Astrid had spent the last week in total bliss, reading together, laughing together and making love. For the first time in years Astrid had felt like someone chose her.

Though, Klaus was happy he was still the original hybrid and he definitely was neglecting the fact that Stefan Salvatore had stolen his family. So with the beginning of the week he knew he'd have to get them back before he can allow himself to consider loving Astrid. Even though, he was happily calling her his girlfriend.

Astrid was completely on cloud 9, she was falling in love with Nik and she didn't want to stop it. She woke up with a smile, he was the first thing she thought about in the morning and the last thing at night.

A knock on her bedroom door caused the young girl to snap out of her thoughts. "Come in," she called.

Jeremy Gilbert opened the door to the young woman he'd once called a sister, but after the death of his parents and the revelation of vampires existing had completely wrecked the relationship. They were like strangers now. "Oh, hi Jeremy?" She questioned.

"Elena doesn't want me to tell you this but you're gonna have to know, Klaus Is dangerous," Jeremy started. Him and Elena had been arguing for days about telling Astrid. And he was disgusted when Elena said she didn't deserve to know. Astrid rolled her eyes at his words and went to speak when he stopped her, "before you say anything I want you to keep an open mind. Klaus is a hybrid."

Her heart froze in her chest, did Klaus know who she was? Did he want to use her? "Hes half vampire and half werewolf. He was cursed by his mother so that he couldnt use his werewolf side so he had to have a sacrifice. A sacrifice that included a doppelganger a vampire and a werewolf. Elenas a doppelganger, shes the reason the Salvatore brothers came to town. They're both vampires and she looks like a replica of their ex. Klaus turned Aunt Jenna, and killed her in the sacrifice." The room suddenly turned icy, as the girl sobbed. Jeremy looked shocked, he knew there was something different about her but he didn't realise she was a witch. Though he decided not to mention anything, she was hurting.

"So you let me date the man that murdered our aunt?!" She asked him angrily.

"We tried to stop you," Jeremy countered.

"You literally never told me anything, Elena and her groupies said he was dangerous but gave me no explanation. Allowed me to fall in fucking love with him?!" She shouted out in anger. Only to realise what she said. She loved him? The guy that killed her aunt.

"You love him?" Jeremy asked in betrayal.

"No. No and- i need to go," she said grabbing her denim jacket, and storming out her room. She had to speak to Klaus. Even if it was late, and dark and she knew there were vampires in town she just had too.

--

Elijah Mikealson had been awoken by Damon salvatore, and had just made up with his brother when a gorgeous brunette stormed angrily into Klaus' mansion. "Love, nows not the best-" klaus' sentence was cut short with a sharp slap to the face.

Elijah winced, expecting the woman to he dead in seconds. And was surprised when Klaus suppressed his anger. She raised her hand to do it again, when he caught her wrist. "What the fuc-"

"You killed her," she cried. Klaus noticed the dried tears on her face and knew exactly what she was talking about. "Ah, they told you," klaus said simply releasing her wrist and walking over to pour himself a drink.

"You killed my fucking Aunt Nik! Are you using me? To get to Elena or to my family?!" She seethed, never had a betrayl hurt her so deeply.

"Love i have no intention of using you," the sincerity in his voice shocked Elijah, who was standing awkwardly in the corner of the room, he knew this woman to be apart of the Gilbert family. Though she was not on Elenas protected list.

"Yeah well, whatever this was is over. I seriously suggest you stay the fuck away from me." And with that she slammed the door shut. Her heart breaking that he'd let her go.