Chapter 3: Better?

"wait is it... michimiya-san?"
i looked at daichi with intent eyes. i was terrified of what he would say next. he looked down and played with his fingers. "i... i um i guess y-you got it r-right," he replied softly, still looking down. he then looked at me and gave me a weak smile.
i- i just... stared at him. and i didn't know what to say... i couldn't say anything.
if you listened closely enough, you could probably hear my heart shatter into pieces. as soon as those words escaped his mouth i felt like i couldn't breathe. my chest tightened. i looked down and gripped my pants. i bit my bottom lip, struggling to fight back the tears that wanted to rush down my face. i felt like my whole body was trembling.
i mean... why wouldn't he like michimiya? she was pretty, nice, outgoing, they've been friends since they were young. plus she was... a girl. he would never like guy. especially a guy like me.
michimiya was the captain of her team. she plays the entire game, too. i may be vice captain, but i'm on the bench. i got replaced. by a first year. and yes, i do admit it. kageyama is a hundred times better than me. daichi's probably not even gay.
why did i ever think daichi could like me.

January 27, 2021
(A/N: wooooo i got double update todayyy! hope you guys like this very short chapter. welp idk what to say sou cya guys in the next one!
    -Lena🤍)