Chapter 2: Sweet?

i opened the door.
my heartbeat soon accelerated and my heart fluttered at the sight of daichi. i looked at him up and down. he was wearing a plain white tshirt with dark red baggy pants.
damn he looks so good, i thought, still staring at him.
i immediately felt my face grow hot. oh god what wrong with me i shouldn't be thinking these things.
    "-ga. suga! SUGA!"
    i jumped. i hadn't realized daichi had been calling me. "suga you sure you're okay? your face is all red," daichi asked me placing his right hand on my shoulder. he had a worried look on his face. i silently cussed myself out in my head for making daichi worry and tried to calm down. i shook my head and laughed. "yea don't worry daichi. really, i'm fine. but anyways, i'm bored and that's what you're here to cure!" i said trying to act as if i wasn't so flustered that i could barely function. "well then, what are you waiting for? come in"

~time skip~

a few hours had passed already since daichi had arrived at my house. it was currently 1:47am and daichi was lying on my bed. i was lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling. we eventually got bored of playing games and watching movies, so it brought us to this. suddenly i had a thought. i sat up and looked at daichi, who was also staring at the ceiling.
"hey daichi?"
"yea? what's up?" he replied, still looking at the nothingness on the ceiling.
"do you have a crush on anyone?" i asked as calmly as i could. i knew his answer could possibly break my heart, but it was worth a try. you never know! maybe he didn't like anyone! that would leave an opening for me to slip through and make my way into daichi's heart. i was probably thinking too far ahead and getting his hopes up, but oh well.
"wh- who me? like someone?" he said, sitting and looking at me. i nodded and crossed my legs. "i- uh i guess do like someone..." he said, barely audible. he looked away from me and scratched the back of his head. he obviously seemed nervous and embarrassed. that simple answer isn't enough to satisfy me though.
"really?! omg who is it?" i asked, trying to pry the answer out of him.
"um- wellll uh they're sweet," daichi stuttered. was he really this nervous? i felt kind of bad for forcing him to, but...i wanted to know. i mean i technically wasn't forcing him. i just asked a simple question and now i'm curious.
"'sweet'? daichi, do you know how little that narrows it down?" i laughed, arching my eyebrows.
"haha.. um well they're sweet, they uh have short silky hair, they have kind brown eyes," he said, staring down at his legs, "they play volleyball and we've been friends since we were kids i guess." he looked up at me.
i tried to make sense of it in my head. short hair... brown eyes... plays volleyball... sweet... wait-
"wait is it... michimiya-san?"

January 27, 2021
(A/N: hey guys! i hope you like today's chapter, which tbh i feel like is going no where. buttttt oh well🤷 anygay, i'll see ya guys in the next update.
-Lena🤍)