"Thomas," she whimpered and tried to snatch herself from Sebastian's arms so that she would fall at his feet, but Sebastian grabbed her even tighter.

''Don't worry, darling. He's alive," she heard a new, well-known voice that froze the blood in her veins. ''For now.''

Seeing the silhouette in front of her that walked cautiously and lurked like a wild beast from the direction of the living room with a gun in his hand, she instinctively clung to Sebastian, who tightened his grip on her shoulder and caressed her comfortingly with his thumb as his breath, which was intermittent, tickled her naked skin. He was as scared as she was. And since he knew him better than she did, maybe he was even more.

A sinister smile flickered on George Wilson's face as darkness peered out of his eyes, making him look as if a black hole had swallowed him. It was not something that was characteristic and that she had ever seen on him.

''George? I don't understand," was the only thing she managed to say, still overwhelmed with information she couldn't digest.

''Of course you don't understand, Scarlett. That's because I'm so good," he said triumphantly, finding himself a few steps away from the two of them.

"You were behind all this all the time? You're ... a killer?"

He giggled as if she had told a greasy joke. "Isn't it obvious? I have to admit that at one point I thought you were going to see through my charade, but I don't seem to realize how much you actually trust me. "

"How could you do something like that?"

"Very easy, Scarlett," he told her. "You have no idea how easy it is to do things when you know you're able to do them and that you're doing them well."

She shuddered at his sinisterness. It seemed as if malice was radiating from him and making his face take on a different shape - spooky and distorted.

''You are devil.''

''Everyone is someone's devil, Scarlett. Get over it, '' he said a little impatiently, and then signaled Sebastian with a gun to move away from her. He hesitated. ''Come on, Sebastian. I don't have all day. You know what happens when you make me angry. "

His voice was authoritative and sinister. She could feel Sebastian's body stiffen and become more nervous - if it could have been more than he already was. Sebastian took a few steps away from Scarlett and stood beside George. He caressed her with a glassy look and apologized to her at the same time. He had never been so vulnerable, and Scarlett felt significant pain in her chest.

"Good boy," George muttered into his chin as if talking to a dog, then deftly nodded his shoulders and struck him with the tip of his pistol in the neck area, knocking him unconscious. Scarlet put her hand over her mouth to muffle the scream she let out.

"What did you do?!" she screamed.

''Don't worry. I didn't hurt your backup boy. I can't really say that about Thomas, but what can we do ", he shrugged carelessly, and then he took a plastic tie with which he tied Sebastian's hands behind his back. He still occasionally looked up at Scarlett and pointed the gun at her cleanly to let her know that his intention was very serious. It's not as if Scarlett didn't notice it herself. She knew she would not get out of here alive, but she was not ready to surrender without a fight.

"What are you going to do with me?"

"To kill you, of course," he said, as if it were a well-known fact. ''I mean, you can't blame me, Scarlett. I've tried several times to keep you from sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, but you just don't like to listen. You can say you're to blame for this. "