01.

Hazel Trinity Jones

Hazel Trinity Jones

"Amen, church was excellent today wasn't it Sister Alice?" I said cutting into the conversation my husband was having with her

"Yes it was Mrs. Jones." She said giving me a tight lipped smile

Both he and the woman looked at me sideways as if they had something to say but no one spoke.

"Well seems like your conversation is over. Have I blessed day Alice." I vaguely smiled

"Sorry about that. You'll have to excuse us." Adonis said

"Oh I don't mind at all Pastor." She hugged him "I guess we'll talk later." She said and  I noticed her roll her eyes at me as she walked off

"Why are you like this?" He shook his head and led me into his office "That was rude and extremely disrespectful. You know we don't operate this church in this manor."

"She doesn't like me and has been trying to introduce you to her neice for months. She doesn't respect me as your wife or the First Lady of this church so I don't feel as if she should be talking to you unless it's about the word. It's at the point where I'm not comfortable with you and her speaking alone at all" I shrugged honestly

"She respects you as my wife. She just questions you as a First Lady." He said honestly

I looked at him sideways because why is she even comfortable telling him this. "Just the same way you do right?" I said leaving out his office before he could respond

I always felt like he wanted me to change because he started this church. He wanted to change me to who he wanted me to be. But I took him as he is and he needs to accept me.

"Hello First Lady. I'm hoping to see you at the couples ministry tomorrow?"

"Yes ma'am you will." I said with a smile even though on the inside I was screaming. I'd been so overwhelmed with the church lately it was starting to get frustrating.

Adonis started this church 3 years ago. He's 36, and I'm 35 We got married at 18 and had our first daughter at 19 years old and our son 2 years ago. We've been together since 16, but we're each other's firsts. We didn't have sex until we were married. I wasn't raised in church but he was. I've since given my life to Christ but the church ministry is hard. Some of the older people tend to have concerns about my husbands preaching. It's like they feel that you need to be older in age or as they say "seasoned" to be a preacher when it's really about the anointing and the call, rather then the age.

Not only that but some people just seem to look for any reason to draw us down. People in the church get upset because I don't wear skirts to my ankles or they complain about how I dress when they see me out running errands. They fail to realize that I'm a grown woman and I'm still young.

Im a stay at home mom so my husband is gone all day either at work or with the church and by the time he comes home he only had the energy to eat and go to sleep so naturally get lonely. I crave my man at times. I never ran to cheating or anything of the sort, instead I learned how to pleasure myself. He's never heard or seen me do it but he does know I do it  he doesn't like it. He deals with it, but in his opinion it's a sin. I never do it when him or the kids are home.