Packing

"You've been giggling for the past three days," George began, "are you seriously not going to tell me what you bought at the mall?"

Dream nodded, serving himself orange juice in a glass cup. "It's for Christmas, George. Be patient."

He took a sip before placing it down on the counter. Dream turned to see the brunet next time him, his arms crossed as he stared into his green eyes.

"Hurry up and eat your waffle."

The shorter boy pouted, stabbing his fork into the waffle. Dream shot him a beaming smile, picking up a piece of his own waffle with a fork.

They both quickly gobbled up their breakfast, finishing their orange juice as well. Dream took their plates to the sink. He turned the faucet on, grabbing the sponge next to it.

"You should begin to pack some clothes. We're leaving tomorrow morning."

He heard George hum, stools scratching on the floor as he got up. Dream focused on getting the plates clean. He didn't even hear the small boy standing next to him. "You seem like perfect husband material."

The blond flinched at the sudden warmth on his right arm. Turning off the faucet, Dream looked down to meet the brunet. "I am the perfect husband," he giggled, flicking water at George, "now, hurry up and pack your bags."

George groaned behind him as they walked towards the stairs. "How long does it take to get there?"

"Eh, about two hours," responded Dream. Dream stepped into his own room as George went to his. "And how long are we going to stay there for?" George shouted from the other room. "Just for tomorrow and Christmas," he shouted back, "but we're going to return on Christmas night."

Dream took a few shirts with some jeans. He chose to not pack a lot because he already had some clothes at his parents' house. He walked over to his closet to take out a green medium-sized suitcase and a smaller purple one.

The green suitcase was his. Dream neatly put in his clothes, adding a comb, a brush, and a blow dryer on the side. Then, he opened up the purple suitcase, which was Patches'.

Chew toys, a blanket, and a small brush was placed inside. "Oh, I almost forgot." He walked over to his closet once again and grabbed a white trash bag. The bag held all of his family's presents. Even George's.

'Can't wait to give him his presents,' Dream thought.

"I'm done." He turned to the door and saw George standing with a suitcase in his hand. Dream got up from his knees and dusted off his hands. "Same here."

The blond watched as George's gaze moved to the white bag. "What's in there?" Dream popped up the handles from the suitcases. "Presents," he replied. He walked past the brit, picking up the suitcases and slowly walking down the stairs. He put them down softly, going back up to help George.

"You're such a simp," George giggled.

Dream rolled his eyes, picking up the boy's suitcase and taking it down with the others. It was heavier than Dream's. "What'd you pack in here?"

George walked down the stairs with Patches in his hands. "All of my clothes. I didn't know what outfit I would wear for Christmas so I just packed everything."

One by one, the suitcases were all put into the trunk of Dream's truck. Dream shut the door behind him, observing George as he played with his cat. "Gee, thanks for helping," he said as he flopped onto his couch.

"You're welcome," responded George. Dream grabbed the remote to turn on the TV. He went on to Netflix and began searching for a movie.

"Anything you wanna watch?" He turned to ask the brunet. George looked up at him, his caramel eyes staring right into his soul. But not in a creepy way. "No, you can pick."

Dream turned away, hoping that the blush that was creeping onto his face wasn't noticeable. That boy was just too beautiful.

"Hey, quick question. Are you actually going to stay for two months?" He continued to scroll through the different movies to pick as he waited for a response.

"No, you dumbass. That's too long." Dream chuckled. It was sad to hear that he wasn't actually staying with him for a while. But George was right, it was too long.

"Why? Are you gonna miss me?" Dream gave up and chose a random movie to watch. "Of course I am, Georgie." He scooted closer to the brit, careful not to squish the cat laying in the boy's lap.

"Ew, go away," George snickered. That only made Dream snuggle closer.

"George, just tell me you love me," he whined. He noticed George's face scrunch up.

'Right...I made him uncomfortable the last time I said something like this.'

Quickly sitting up, he cleared his throat. "Sorry." He was about to shuffle away from him when something grabbed his wrist.

"No, it's, uh," he spoke, "it's okay." Embarrassed, Dream whipped his head around to make eye contact with him. "You sure?"

The brunet smiled, nodding as he pulled Dream right back next to him. Warmth was returned to his body from being so close to the boy. He wished he could stay like this forever.

"So, what are we watching?" Dream shrugged. "I have no idea." He leaned his head on George's shoulder, watching the movie play on the bright screen.

It was only 2:45 p.m. and he was already tired. Dream shifted his head up to scan George's face. He looked tired as well. Most likely because of the jet lag.

"Tired?"

George looks down at him, their heights switched around because of how Dream was sitting. "A bit."

"Wanna take a nap instead of watching the movie?" George nodded, placing Patches down on the floor. "Let's go."

The boys walked up the stairs. Dream opened the door to his room. He was about to shut it until he saw George standing in the hallway in front of him.

"Need something?" Dream observes how George looks down at his feet. The brit plays around with a strand of his chocolate brown hair, a light shade of pink tinting his cheeks.

"Can I sleep with you?"

Shocked, Dream opens the door wider. "Absolutely."

Taking off his shoes, George sits on the left side of the bed. It was big enough to fit both of them. Dream took off his own shoes and went to his side. They got under the cozy comforter.

They were facing each other, George closed his eyes while Dream had his open. He stared at the brunet, noticing how his breathing pattern changed. Dream realized that George had quickly fallen asleep.

'I wish he was mine, but he can't be. He's straight.'

Dream sighed, closing his own eyes as he too, drifted off to sleep.