Waves

Waves.

Waves are crashing.

And I don't mean heat waves.

Whoosh.

That is the sound they make when they clash down onto each other.

They race towards you, wanting to take you back into the ocean with them.

Pop. Pop. Pop.

The foam forms small bubbles underneath your feet. Though, it sounds more like sizzling than popping.

At first, you may see the beach as a gorgeous landscape. Well, unless it's filled with garbage.

But some people never notice how terrifying it can be.

There are screams of those who can't lift themselves above the liquid.

In this case, it's just a single boy you can hear crying for help.

He happily walks towards the body of water with his family. His eight-year-old body shivers as the coldness of the salty liquid kisses his skin.

Does he expect something bad to happen?

No.

Was he wrong?

Yes.

Strands of blond hair block his view, causing him to lose sight of his family.

He frantically splashes around, looking for his relatives. Yet, they are nowhere to be found.

The boy can only jump for so long. Soon, he can't feel the mushy sand below him.

You can hear them coming.

Before he could even turn around to look, the boy gets swallowed into the unknown.

Dark. Very dark.

His weak body was wiggling around.

Nothing.

Nothing can help him.

Did anyone even hear his screams?

Was he going to die?

Choking.

Water entered his lungs.

It was choking him.

Wait.

Something's there.

No.

Someone is there.

The person grabbed his wrist and pulled him upwards.

Light.

It's coming closer.

His vision was blurry when he reached the top.

The boy could finally breathe.

——————————

"Dream?"

The blond felt dizzy as he sat in the driver's seat. He was watching the crashing waves. He didn't even notice that he wasn't paying attention.

"Sorry," Dream turned to face the brunet, "what's wrong?" George furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" he asks, "No, what's wrong with you?"

No response.

"Are you okay?" George asks once again.

Dream hums in response, "Yea, I'm fine. Let's go." The boys got out of the car, stepping into the absorbing heat. The smell of saltwater is strong in the air.

They walk to the trunk, taking out a large umbrella, two towels, and a bag that has towels and other small items.

"Wow," George quietly says. Dream keeps his eyes on the brunet, who is admiring the view of the beach in front of him. His eyes shimmer in the light, turning into the color of a caramel sweet.

The brit turns to catch Dream's gaze, "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" He grabs the blond's hand and smiles with that cute smile of his, leaving Dream flustered.

George pulls him as he starts walking. Today the beach wasn't crowded with people, so they easily found the perfect spot to place their things.

Shade was provided with the multicolored beach umbrella. Towels rested on the floor, the boys sitting on top of them as they took off their t-shirts.

Dream saw George staring at him out of the corner of his eyes. Smirking, Dream took out the sunscreen bottle from the bag, slowly starting to apply it onto his smooth skin.

"Can you do my back?" he asked with innocent eyes, "I can't reach." He handed the bottle to the blushing brunet. "Y-yea, sure." He watched as George squirted the cream onto his hands. He scooted closer, making it easier for him to reach his back. The cold sensation on his back made Dream squirm.

George's small hands explored his back. Dream could feel his breathing near his neck.

'He's close. Too close,' he thought.

"Okay, I think that's enough." At that moment, Dream thought of just turning around to kiss him. He wanted to, but he knew he couldn't.

"Can you," George waddled to sit in front of him, "do mine now?" Dream nodded and squirted the sunscreen onto his own large hands. He proceeds to smoosh it onto the other's back.

Now, Dream wasn't going to lie. He enjoyed touching the boy's body. Pretty strange if you ask me.

As he continues to apply the cream, a certain sound that escapes George's mouth sends him flying through the roof. It sounded just like a moan. His hands quickly shift up into the air as if he were to surrender. "Are you okay?"

The brunet has a hand over his mouth. He nods, "I'm good. Just kinda cold." Dream looks away, not wanting to embarrass him. "Well, it is December," he says. George abruptly gets up, not making eye contact with him. "Let's test how the water feels."

Memories flood Dream's mind. Bad ones.

He remembers what had happened to him when he was younger. The waves had dragged him, taking him hostage. If not for the lifeguard watching, Dream would've drowned. He wouldn't be here right now with his best friend.

His thoughts are interrupted when he notices the small, pale hand in front of him. He looks up and meets the blushing face of his crush.

"We're not going in too deep though, okay?" Dream pulls himself up while grabbing onto George's hand. He nods as he leads him towards the water on the burning sand.

Families are splashing around. Kids are laughing. Seagulls are gawking.

Dream had forgotten how it felt being at a beach. He hasn't been to one ever since his accident. The only reason he came back was because of George. He hasn't been to one at all and wanted to see how it was. No wasn't an option when it came to him.

The blond sat down where the water met the sand. "I'm sitting here," he says with a smile. "Oh, come on," George crosses his arms, "it's my first time here and you're not even going to come with me?"

What has George done to him?

He hates the ocean. Absolutely hates it. So why is he now waist-deep into the water, standing next to the grinning brunet?