Chapter 22: CP coming of age

Beginne am Anfang

This is what I'm wearing, for me, it's way too mature for a 16 year old. And those heels, I swear I might fall.

When I see Alex exit the beauty room, he looked extremely lifeless and, well... He looks dead.

But handsome at the same time 👍

He also has his nice black hair pushed back

"Oh, dear brother. You're going to have girls swarming all over you."

"Shut up." He says with a smirk.

We take off not long after everyone finished getting ready.

*** (At the palace) ***

"Now announcing, Prince Edgar and his fiancee Lady Josephine."

I put on a plastic smile while I walk down the stairs with Edgar hand in hand.

"I'm happy you're my first dance as an Adult." Edgar smoothly says while dancing with me.

"Yes. Also, Edgar, we need to figure this engagement out."

Because truth be told, I don't want to marry you, maybe in the last life but not in this one.

"Jose, as I've told you many times. You're the only one for me. And I don't plan on letting you go, you can't escape."

I swear, he's gotten creepier.

"Edgar. It's unfair to both you and me, I have someone else....I like, and if you're to marry me, well... it'll feel like I'm being unfaithful to you."

"Then... Love me."

"Yeah...I can't just say I love you and then really love you. You know it doesn't work that way."

"Then try."

"I can't Edgar, I really, REALLY, don't see you in that way. And I'm sure I won't in the future."

"Jose..."

I shook my head saying it's not going to happen.

"Whatever you say, you are still mine." he says with a frown.

I sigh at his thought and turn my head to look around at the people joining us in the dance. And one of the many is Selina and Luke.

Argh! it really puts a twist in my stomach.

Wasn't she supposed to like Edgar? Why Luke? She didn't like him last time. I mean she flat out rejected him back then. Of all four guys you choose the one I like. Always the one I like. It's been proven though out 2 life times!

...

Come to think of it. I don't think the other 3 have shown any interest in her. Edgar likes me, Alex hasn't really talked to her much and neither has Lance.

But only Luke...Though I don't think he likes her in that way.. does he? Even with those arguments there was no slip up on his feelings on Selina.

After the dance, I decide to walk off away from the crowd, it's hot and humid in there, couldn't this world have air conditioners?