"And who might this be?" Omar questioned Salvatore as he reached his hand for Angel's and brought it to his lips for a kiss. Before Angel could introduce herself, Salvatore had beat her to it.

"Angelita Rossetti, the daughter of D'Angelo. She's precious, so if you lay your dirty hands on her I'll kill you" Salvatore spoke slowly as a dark expression covered his face. Angel grew fearful at his words and his expression, and so did Omar who quickly removed his hand from hers.

Without another word Salvatore calmly walked past the man, bringing Angel with him by his side who struggled to keep up with his fast steps.

Omar took another drag of his cigar as he glared at the backs of the two walking away, he noticed Salvatore's arm wrapped around Angel's waist in a possessive manner.

Salvatore made his way to a group of younger men who were all seated around a table of cigars, cash, alcohol, and poker cards. Salvatore sat next to a man who was quite handsome and seemed less intimidating than the rest. His hair was a light chestnut brown and was slicked back nicely, his eyes were dark and big. Angel found him quite appealing, but his looks did not compare to Salvatore.

Salvatore sat on the leather couch, pulling Angel to his lap and holding her tightly. Blush covered her face and she attempted to pry his grip off, yet in response he only gave her one dark glare.

"Salvatore, who is this beautiful woman" The brown haired man questioned as he gave a smirk to Angel. The other men who were also sitting around the table looked up and greeted Salvatore, and were intrigued by the unknown beauty.

"She's D'Angelo's daughter, Angelita" Salvatore announced and the men all smiled and welcomed Angel.

"Angelita, I'm Nicollo... Nicollo Allegro" The man then announced as he took Angel's hand in his own and brought it to his lips. Salvatore noticed the action and was furious, he sent a daring look to Nicollo as  his eyes were soulless.

"Angelita, do you remember the man we ran into not too long ago?" Salvatore asked the girl as his hand went to tuck her hair behind her ear. Angel nodded as the realisation hit her.

"This is his son, Nicollo" Angel looked up at Nicollo and sent him an innocent smile, Salvatore clenched his jaw as the men around watched the scene unfold. Nicollo noticed the hard glares he was receiving from Salvatore and coughed awkwardly, returning back to the poker game in front of him.

Angelita watched the men and how they were all concentrated on the cards and the money being thrown. Salvatore joined the men and lit up a cigar as he laughed with his comrades. Angel coughed here and there at the smoke being so close to her, and sat awkwardly as the men spoke and laughed in Italian.

She didn't understand the words coming out of their mouths and felt as if they were mocking her. She knew they were speaking Italian, from certain words she learnt from her parents and the expression. She studied Italian somewhat, and could understand slightly when her parents would teach her. However the way these men were speaking was so advanced and fast, that her brain couldn't process it.

The men continued to play the card game for a while, and Salvatore was confident and had no worries of losing. He was a well respected man, and always got what he wanted. Angel looked around the crowded room and noticed her father speaking to a few older men, she thought that maybe they were the fathers of these younger men playing the poker.

She noticed Salvatores father, Rafael Armani, speaking to some other men. His expression was cold and looked as if he was slightly yelling. Rafael was the former leader of the mafia, the founder. He was at the retirement age and wanted to spent his many last years with his beautiful wife, Camila. Even though he passed the role to his son, he was still extremely well respected and feared by many. He was also referred to as l'anziano, meaning 'the elder'.