Chapter 8: Yuki's First Battle and a Surprising Twist in Fate!

Start from the beginning

"Alright class, it's time to head outside for some heated battles!" Our teacher, Professor Kukui finally announced. "Before we Extreme Speed out of the classroom, I want you guys to choose among yourselves who you're battling."

"Ash," Gladeon began walking over to me. "Lycanroc really wants to battle your newly re-evolved Lycanroc."

I smiled, remembering how Gladeon's Lycanroc has been coming over every day for the past week and a half to help Rockruff evolve again. Once again, he evolved as the sun was setting, giving him his Dusk Form once again.

"Sorry Gladeon. I know how much the two want to have a proper match, but I already promised Yuki I would battle her today."

"Yuki's gonna battle?!" Hau jumped up from his seat, eyes sparkling. "About time!"

I could tell everyone else in the room was too surprised to comment. No one, not even Professor Kukui or Lucario, expected the girl to attempt battling just yet. Let alone her first match being with the strongest trainer in the class!

"Well then," Kukui began to speak, still shocked. "How about we watch their battle and give Yuki feedback on what she can improve on?"

Everyone nods, agreeing with this plan. After hearing this, I'm sure everyone's too curious to pick partners or even care to battle one another. It only took a few moments for us to begin walking to the battlefield.

_____

Outside on the battlefield, Yuki and I stood across from one another. I could see the excitement on her face, alongside a small hint of worry.

"You OK, Yuki?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a bit worried it worried about possibly confusing the rules of battle between this world and mine."

"There's a difference?" I hear Sophocles ask from the sidelines.

Yuki nods. "Pokémon was a turn-based game. That meant when we battled, we took turns telling our Pokémon what moves to use. Also, we didn't have to say 'dodge' or anything like that. Technology wasn't advanced enough for those kinds of games." She then looks away from everyone for a moment. "Even if it did, it would take way too much money and time for the fans to be willing to wait for..."

"That makes sense." The Electric-type user said, actually understanding what she was saying. No surprise there!

"Yuki!" I gave her a reassuring smile. "If it makes you feel any better, I won't go all out right off the bat."

"Thanks, Ash."

"I gotta record this-roto!" Rotom-dex pressed his screen as he looked at the field. "The world's first battle with the one who's part of the universe that created ours is a historical moment-roto!"

_____

(No One's POV)

Professor Kukui walked to the middle of the field. "This will be a one-on-one battle. The winner will be declared when at least one Pokemon is deemed unable to continue or someone forfeits. Also, Z-Moves are not aloud to be used. Do you two agree to these terms?"

"Yes!" The two said in unison.

"Ash, please choose your Pokemon."

The raven-haired boy look at his longtime partner who's been with him since the beginning, then back at Yuki. "Is Pikachu OK?"