029; lavender

Jack's POV:

"I'm sorry what?" Sofia asked looking at me like I was crazy.

"I heard this voice message that can only be heard by people with heightened hearing." I said to everyone who had confused looks on their faces.

"Explain please." Daniel said.

"So I was taking a dump right? And then a high pitched sound rings through my ears making me finish up my business and make my way over to the wall to sit on the floor." I say seeing everyone's disgusted faces.

"This happened when you were taking a shit?" Corbyn chuckled a little, which I nodded too.

"That's not the point, continue." Christina said.

"Basically, Sofia and Daniel came in. The noise was still in my head but suddenly it stopped and a voice was inside my head." I explained to them.

"What did it say?" Alexa asked quietly. Her eyes were still pretty red and puffy, but I could tell she was trying to keep herself together.

"It said 'If you can hear this you are like us, we are located at Prism Lake. Find us and we can help you.'" I said while everyone processed what I said.

"So you mean, there are others like us and are willing to help?" Tate asked looking over at the rest of us for the first time.

"I guess so. I mean we found out Sofia was like us, why can't there be others." I shrugged while a few people nodded understanding what I said.

"How does this help us find Zach and Jonah?" Alexa asked.

"We can go to them and ask them for help. We have no idea what to do on our own, so with help maybe we have a chance at saving them." I implied as everyone seemed on board.

"I agree. It's better then the original plan to go to the safe house. Plus we can find out about our powers more." Sofia added.

"So, we go to Prism Lake and find the others." Christina stated and everyone nodded.

"Off to Prism Lake." Sofia said starting up the car and driving out of the stores parking lot.

•••

"How far are we from Prism Lake?" Gabbie asked while she was in my lap playing with the lavender beanie.

"About a few days." Sofia said stopping at a stop light.

"Wait, what? We don't have a few days." Alexa stated looking over at Sofia from the passengers seat.

"Prism Lake is in Oregon, but it's deep in a forest. It's going to take a few days to get there." Sofia explained. Alexa sighed and looked back out the window being quiet.

"Why does everything have to be in Oregon." Daniel whispered to himself.

"What?" Christina asked him.

"I just have bad memories of that place." Daniel said. I looked over at Corbyn who was reading his mind and his expression turned to a sad one.

"What is it Corbs?" I ask Corbyn as he looks over at me.

"It's Daniels parents." Corbyn whispered quietly enough for only me to hear with my hearing.

"What happened to them?"

"They kicked him out. They like disowned him or something cause they didn't approve of what he liked doing." Corbyn explained.

I can't believe people are like that. Just accept people for what they like and it's that simple. It sucks even more for Daniel it was his parents who were the ones who didn't believe in him.

"Damn." I whisper looking over at Daniel who was staring off in space.

We sat in silence for some of the ride. We were probably just going to sleep in the car tonight and not risk getting seen at a hotel, it's the best option for now.

"Jack." Gabbie whispered to me.

"What?" I say looking into her beautiful eyes.

"I really like this color. It's suits us." she said holding up the beanie, showing the color off.

It was a really nice purple.

"I like it too." I say taking it out of her hands and placing it on top of her head. She looked up at me and pecked my lips before putting her head in my chess.

"Do you think we will get them back?" Gabbie whispered so that Tate and Alexa wouldn't hear her.

"Yeah, I have hope. These people could help us, but we don't even know who these people are." I implied.

"How'd they even know to send you the message?" Gabbie questioned.

"Maybe they send it out through all areas, hoping that someone with hearing will hear it." I guessed looking down at Gabbie in her thoughts.

"You know what's worse." Gabbie looked up at me.

"What?"

"I know exactly how Alexa and Tate feel right now. It's the same feeling I felt when you were in the hospital." Gabbie said letting a tear fall down her face.

"Don't cry. It's okay, I'm here." I say pulling her into a tighter hug and kissing the top of her head. I try comforting her, letting her relax into my body.

I cant even imagine what the girls went through those days in the hospital. I mean all of there boyfriends were basically half way to death, it must be a scary feeling.

"I thought I was going to lose you." she said quietly.

"I will never leave you. And we will get the others back, I'm counting on it." I say to her rubbing the back of her palm.

"How are you do positive right now?" she asked me.

"Someone has to be." I shrugged looking at the others. We were all down but someone needs to be the leader right now.

"Your doing great at it. I just keeping thinking of the worst things." Gabbie said to me.

"Don't, it will only make the situation worse. Think about happy thoughts." I say to her, hoping to get her mind off of things.

"Okay, I can't wait for the future. When we have a family." Gabbie smiled thinking about the future.

"Same. We will have a little boy named Jack Jr." I chuckled, making Gabbie laugh a little bit.

"Sure we can name are boy that, but I want to girl first." she said.

"What would we name her?" I ask as Gabbie looks up at the beanie on her head.

"Lavender. I would name her Lavender." Gabbie smiled at the name.

"I love it." I smiled moving my position to lay down and cuddle with Gabbie.

A/N ~

double update, go me