Ethan

When my father came to me two years ago and told me I was officially going to be married to the King of California's eldest daughter, I didn't know what to think of it. I knew she was beautiful, and I heard many amazing things about her, but I didn't know how to feel about the whole getting married thing. 

I never felt like the kind of person who would get married. I never envisioned having a wife, or having kids. 

I have to admit that I was purposefully trying to be a little intimidating towards Emma the first time we met, but I felt so guilty about it that by the next time I saw her, I had softened right up. Her damn baby blue eyes were the only thing in the entire world that could make me melt as easily as a snow-cone on a burning July afternoon.

In the whole time in between our official engagement and our wedding, I wanted to prove to her that I wanted us to have a happy marriage, rather than a miserable one. I wanted us to fall in love. I wanted all of the strings attached, and I wanted everything that comes with a true, real relationship.

I wanted to fall in love, and damn if I didn't.

I really, really did.

I should've told her on our wedding day, but I was a bit nervous. 

Now that we're married, I'm falling even faster than I was before. Seeing her at breakfast in our suite with her wavy hair falling down her shoulders, and how she looks wearing nothing but my button down shirt that reaches just past her ass.

She's the most beautiful human being I've ever seen. 

Ever.

So, our second full day in Paris was when I decided to tell her. 

We had spent the morning just laying in bed together (and frankly doing some things much more lustful than cuddling), and I couldn't take it anymore. 

She was so beautiful as we laid there together, skin to skin, and my thumb caressing her face. 

"You are so beautiful," I whispered. "I don't understand how someone can look this amazing."

She smiled. "I don't understand how someone can be so sweet."

"I'm not always like this, you know."

Her smile grew bigger. "I get this side of you all to myself, don't I?"

"That's cause nobody else can make me feel the way you do, sunshine," I said. "I love you."

A slightly shocked expression crossed her face, and she sat up a little before pressing her lips against mine. It was a slow, but hard kiss. 

"I love you too," she said.

I kissed her again, this time the kiss being softer.

"What do you say we order room service and stay in bed all day?" I asked. Emma laughed, running her hands up my chest, and around to the back of my shoulders.

"I was hoping to get some hot tub time," she said. 

"I like that idea," I said. "Oh, and another thing. We have the option to move out of the palace. There's a place a few miles down the road that we can have to ourselves. It has the same amount of security as the palace, and we can have privacy from the rest of the New York Royal Establishment."

"That would be so nice," she said. "I would love to have a place completely to the two of us."

"It has a big backyard, and the house itself has a lot of rooms for guests, or future children we may have."

"We haven't talked about children yet," she said. "How do you feel about it?"

"I kind of want a couple of them. Of course we're still so young, so we can wait as long as you need, but if it happened tomorrow, I'd be fine with it.

"How many do you want to have all together?" she asked.

"No less than two, but no more than four."

"I think that's a good range," she said. "I definitely want more than one."

I kissed her again. "I think someday you're gonna be the cutest pregnant woman on the entire planet."

She smiled. "Maybe we should have one soon," she said. "All this talk is making me want one."

I gave her another kiss, pecking her lips twice. I couldn't stop. I didn't want to. "Who knows what this next year will bring?" I said.

-

Emma giggled as I pulled her onto my lap in the hot tub.

I tightened my grip around her waist as she straddled me, the warm water making things feel a little steamier.

She steadied herself by wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "How did I land this hot of a husband?" she flirted before kissing me. 

"The exact same way I landed an incredibly beautiful wife."

Emma smiled. "Our children are gonna be pretty damn cute, aren't they?"

I let out a small chuckle. "You're still thinking about that?"

"I was thinking about how hot you are," she whispered, leaning down to kiss the side of my neck.

Long story short, I made sure she enjoyed our time in the hot tub. A continuation of this morning's lovemaking festivities took place, and we were falling like crazy for each other.

Our new plan was that we weren't exactly trying for a baby, but we weren't being too careful either. If it happened, it happened, and if it didn't, it didn't.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing before we got ready and went to a nice restaurant down the street. 

I never thought I'd enjoy simply spending time with and taking care of someone, but Emma made it so worth it. 

Even something as simple as going out to dinner together made me happy. Seeing how cute she was all dressed up for our little date made me look forward to the rest of our lives together. 

I never thought I'd fall in love in my life, until I met Emma. 

She changed everything.

The rest of our honeymoon was so relaxing. Spending this much time together was so nice, and I made a mental note to spend as much time with her as I possible can when we get home. 

Even though I'll have work responsibilities through the family mafia, I still knew that Emma was a priority that stood above the mafia in my heart.

Emma stood above everything.