Chapter Twenty-Eight

John and Taz were explaining the information Terrence had given them  to the headmaster.

  "While I definitely don't approve of your methods, I cannot help but be impressed with your results." The Headmaster said. "Keene. I want Terrence under strict watch."

  "Yes sir." Keene replied.

  "One other thing sir," John started. "There were three others that go in our way. And two of them have history with  us." He said referring to the royals.

  "And who are these two?" The Headmaster asked.

  "Claire and Adrion. Last time I talked to them before last night they were both low tiers."

  "They're the ones responsible for the uprising at New Boston High three years ago." Taz said. "The entire reason John was expelled."

  "I see." The Headmaster said. "And what did they want."

  "We don't know, I cut Claire off, then this random guy attacked me, then I shot Adrion in the gut" John answered.

  "As much as that answer makes things harder for us, I can't say I blame you, given what they did." The Headmaster responded.

  John and Taz continued to talk with the Headmaster for almost an hour. Just the mention of Claire made John's blood boil, but he knew despite how deep his hatred of her ran he had greater enemies.

  When the two teens finally left the headmaster's office John said "I know what Claire is here."

  "What why?"

  "To get in my head." John took a deep breath. "The hope is she can make me do something stupid based on pure hatred. I'm going to need you to keep me in check."

  "That makes a lot of sense actually. And yeah, I'll do what I can."

  "Thanks, make sure I don't do something stupid and get myself killed, or worse..." he paused. "Get someone else killed."

  "Dont worry John, you're the strongest of all of us, your smart, and you have the biggest reason to fight." Taz said placing a hand on John's shoulder. "I'm with you, the Royals are with you, Wellston is with you."

  "That last part remains to be seen." John said, "especially since the Headmaster wants to keep this under wraps."

  "Fair point, but of those who know, we are with you." Taz said. "Even Blyke is with us, and when I first talked to him he seemed to hate your guts more then anything."

  "Hes only with us because he finally sees this is bigger then just himself." John shot back "he still hates me after all."

  "Listen John, I don't know everything that went down here before me and Shannon  enrolled. But I know enough to say this." Be paused and took a breath. "You cared enough about Sera that you literally destroyed the hierarchy when she got hurt by it. Then as soon as me and Shannon showed up you went back to the John we knew, strong, but nice."

  "Hard to believe I don't even remember that John." John said. "Anyway, I'll come by after school.  We have a lot to discuss."

  "Yeah, see you then." Taz said as the pair split and went their own directions.

  After school John and Sera arrived at Taz's dorm. After giving the password John was allowed in. Sera followed. They all began discussing what they had gotten out of Terrence the night before but Shannon couldn't help but notice John seemed out of it.

  "John? You ok?" She asked. Everyone immediately looked at John.

  "Huh? Oh yeah, its just one thing Terrence said has been on my mind." He answered.

  "What part is that?" Taz asked.

  "He said they were willing to kill. Someone very close to me, and he pretty much confirmed it was my dad."

  "We don't know that, he may have been bluffing." Taz said.

  "Thats not a gamble I'm willing to make."

  "I can definitely understand that, but what if its a trap." Shannon said. "Then they can take us all."

  "What if they come for the school?" John said. "They can still take us all at once." He hesitated. "But I will go alone to save my father if I need to."

  "Thats not necessary John.  We are all with you." Sera said.

  "I'll give Randy a call, have him check in at your dads house, see if he's ok, if not we know what we need to do." Shannon said. "We put your father on top priority."