Chapter 11

"Bail out!" Alex yelled. 

All four kids jumped out just as the car hit the railing and flipped over the edge and rolled down the cliff. The SUV stopped for a few seconds before speeding off. Not even a minute later the girls along with David and Ben pulled up. David and Ben were first out of their car.

"Are you okay?" David yelled and ran to Alex and Eric. Ben ran to Aj and Will.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Ben asked as he reached them. 

"I'm okay." Will said.
"We're fine." Aj said as they stood up. 

She looked over and the girls had stepped out of the car and was rushing to them. Emmi ran to Eric and pulled him into a hug. The shocked expression on his face, showed that he wasn't expecting that. He hugged her back, and a smile took over. 

Lauren had run to Will and jumped into his arm. It was clear to everyone that she had been worried about him. 

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked Will as she pulled away.
"I'm fine." Will said and smiled as his eyes connect with hers. A blush appeared on Laurens cheeks. She smiled back and gave him another hug. 

As Aj smiled at her friends with their crushes, Anna came up to her. She put her arms around Aj's neck and hid her face. 

"You scared me." Anna whispered. Aj put her arms around Anna's waist and held her tight.
"I'm okay. We all are." She whispered. "Well, expect our car." Aj added chuckling. Anna laughed with her, already in a better mood. 

They walked over to the edge and looked down at the car. It was laying on the roof and smoke was coming from the engine. The twins were lucky that they had made it out when they did. 

"If you didn't like your car, you could just have bought a new one." Ben chuckled. He always used humor as a defense mechanism when he was scared or worried.

Everyone laughed with him; figuring that they were okay and so what if the car was totaled, it was just a car.

They pilled into the two car and drove back to the station. Ben had called his wife Sara, a nurse at Tripler hospital, to come take a look at the kids to make sure they were really okay.
They walked into the office and Malia, Adam and Jim were already there, all worried. 

"Oh my god." Malia said and went to hug Aj first and then the rest. Jim and Adam did the same.
"Are you okay?" Adam asked. All four kids nodded. 

"We're fine." Alex said. As on cue, Sara walked in.
"I'll be the judge of that." Sara said. "Come sit." She pointed at the couch. Will and Eric sat down and got checked out while Aj and Alex followed their father to his office. 

"What is going on dad?" Alex asked.
"I don't know son." David said. 

"You need to figure it out." Aj said. "One thing is that we could be in danger, another thing is our friends. We were lucky today, very lucky. This can't happen again, especially with them." Aj pointed at their friends. 

"Please figure this out dad." Alex said. "You know we won't be able to live with ourselves if something happens to them." David nodded; he knew how much his kids cared for their friends. 

"Let's get you checked out and then we can talk about what we are going to do." David said and led Alex and Aj out to Sara.

"Commander Delgado." Office Kelly said as hewalked into the office. David walked over to him. "There are two agents in thehall looking for you." 

"Okay, you can bring them in." David said. Office Kelly nodded and walked outto get them. Two men in suits walked in right after. 

"Are you David Delgado?" One of them asked.
"I am." David said. "Who are you?"

"I'm Agent Mason." He said. "And this is my partner Agent Ward." He gestured tothe man next to him. "We are with the FBI." David shook both of their hands. 

"What can I do for you?" David asked. He led them more into the room, over wherethe kids and Ben, Malia and Jim were. The agents took a look at the kids withraised eyebrows. 

"Could we take in private?" Agent Mason said arrogantly. David picked up the arrogancebut chose not to comment on it. 

"Sure, we can talk in my office." He said and led them to his office. Just asDavid closed the door, they started talking. 

"We are here looking for a guy named Nolan Hayes." Agent Mason said. "We heardsome of his guys had a run in with your team earlier today. Is that correct?" 

"You could say that." David said and looked through the windows in his office atAj and Alex. "They came after my kids." Both agents ignored David's lastcomment. 

"Do you have any lead on them?" Agent Ward asked.
"Not at this moment." David said. 

"We need to talk to the people who had the encounter with them." Agent Masonsaid. David nodded and walked out to the group along with the agents. 

"Kids, they need to talk to you about what happened today." David said. The twosets of twins nodded and walked up to them. 

"Kids?" Agent Ward said. "We need to take to the officers who were in the cartoday." It was even more clear to David that they hadn't listened to him.
"No officers have been in contact with these people." David said, they werestarting to irritate him. 

"Excuse me?" Agent Mason started. "We were told four people barely made it outof there alive. Are you telling me it was a bunch of kids?" 

"Agent Ward and Mason." David introduced them to the kids. "These are MY kids, Aj and Alex. And their friends, Eric and Will James. They were in the car; the guys went after."