TAKING CONTROL

K A N E P O V

It's been four weeks since Tessa's big ordeal. She's stayed at the house, not wanting to leave. Couldn't blame her for what happened to her. Something good came from it, and that is Camie Franks is now behind bars for deception and fraud. She is a well-known con-woman wanted for multiple frauds and fake companies. Justice prevailed this time, and Tessa can now relax a little. 

Sit at my desk in the office, looking over a couple of proposals. Placed the file on the table to look over to the window. Stood stepped over to gaze out at the blue sky. Not a cloud in sight. And this summer is a scorcher with the temperatures in the high twenties. We haven't seen weather like this for some time. Just glad the office building was air conditioning. 

Turn to look at the desk. Stepped back to pick the file up when my PA walks in. "Kane, the board members are ready to meet you," She tells me. Slide my hands in my pockets to look at her. She's been working for me for six months. Miss Celia Watson. She's not a girl I would even attempt to get close to. She's tried to seduce me but failed. Just wish she would face the fact I do not find her appealing or attractive. 

Grab the iPad to make my way to the boardroom. Open the door to see all the board members seated ready to start. Take my seat when the door opens and Tessa walks in. She's stunning, beautiful in a skirt suit showing her sculpted frame. Rise from my seat to pull a chair out for her. She smiles. Not expecting her to be here, but this is her company too. 

Glanced over to my PA who didn't look amused with Tessa being here. I just found it amusing. Tessa is an extremely beautiful woman. Shake my head to get back to business. But before I could open my mouth Tessa looks at everyone. "Well, gentleman. I have to inform you I will no longer need board members to make all the decisions for my company." Shoot her a look, not sure what she is playing at. "Tessa, could I have a private word?" She nods and we stand to leave the room. 

***************

Stood outside looking at her with a puzzled look. "What the hell are you up to?" She smirks rolls her eyes at me. "Tessa, pleased don't roll your eyes you know I hate that," "Kane, I am taking back control of my business. I no longer want the board members having a say in the way I run my business," She is deadly serious with her words. 

Slide my hands into my pockets. "What's brought this on?" I wanted to know why she wanted to do this. "For one we are paying eight men to do one guy's job," She had a point. "Tessa, you should've informed me of the changes before bursting in the door, and just telling them," "Kane, you have too much time on your hands. I thought it's time to assign one person only," Take a deep breath to enter back into the room.

Stood by my chair looking at the men sitting around the table. "This meeting will have to continue tomorrow," I tell them. They leave. Turn to look at Tessa sitting on the oval table with her legs crossed. Shake my head looked at my PA. "You can leave. I want to speak to my wife alone." She nods and leaves.      

Stepped over to the door to close it and lock it didn't want to be disturbed. Walked around the room, staring at her. She sits there not saying a word not even looking at me. But she's got a devious smirk on her lips. "Tessa, we need to talk about this." I stopped in front of her looking into her beautiful blue eyes. "Kane, there is nothing to talk about. I'm taking control of my company," I could see by the way she is looking at me I could not reason with her. 

Tessa is a woman who knew what she wanted. Don't let that innocent act fool you. She knows exactly what she's doing. The smirk on her lips is not fooling me one bit. She's plotting revenge on me. I just know I'm going to see the side of her that doesn't show very often. My guard is up and I'm ready for whatever she throws at me.