SIDESHOW

T E S S A P O V

We married for all the wrong reasons. It was more impulse than a whim. We are not your typical married couple; we are far from perfect. He likes the attention, and I, on the other hand do not. I like to be in solitude to lose myself in a good book. Indulging my imagination with the fantasy world. 

Yes, that is me. Easy to talk to and outgoing when I'm with my friends and love to laugh. I'm Tessa Newman, twenty-one, married to the hottest guy in the world, so the papers write. Mr Kane Waitland twenty-five, with a perfectly sculpted body. A guy who is envied by other guys, who want his wealth, and girls throw themselves at him. 

Kane might be every girl's dream, but he's not mine. I live in his house with his rules, and he is demanding if he doesn't get his own way. Even the staff at the house are not safe from this guy. I'm sure he thinks he's some gift, and don't get me started about the size of his ego. He thrives on screaming girls, throwing themselves at him. Do these girls have no respect for themselves? 

You will never find me throwing myself at this guy. No, I'm the total opposite, but we are married. How the hell I got myself into this is beyond me. It's all to do with his image. I just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. A little too much drink at one of the formals I attended. That is the story of my life. Waking up one morning single, and the next wake up married to a guy who I loath. 

We do not sleep in the same room or have intimacy. Just a quick kiss when we are together for a formal to make the media happy. That is as close as I want to be. He has his fair share of affairs. That doesn't bother me at all. He never brings a girl to the house, and he is always home at night other than when he's on a business trip. I know what goes on and to be honest, I don't want to get involved and I don't give a damn. Just as long as he leaves me alone and keeps me out of his affairs I'm good.

Well, that shapes up about my marriage. We have been married for three years and nothings changed. Just go with the flow. I do my own thing and he does his. I don't interfere in his affairs and he doesn't in mine. But I'm a solitude person. Like to keep to myself. I read what the papers say about our marriage. They print what they want, but I know what is really going on. All the media do is speculate and assume I know nothing. But how wrong are they? 

I know plenty and I know the truth. What they write is all lies apart from his affairs, which I do know about. I'm not the one for all the drama that is going on in Kane's life. He's a free man to do what he wants. I might sound heartless and Kane might be heartless but when we do spend very little time together we have fun like friends. We put on a really good show and we play it well. 

I'm the total opposite of Kane. I like to curl up on the sofa to watch TV while he likes to be out partying. I like to read; he hates it. The only mutual ground we have is when we are alone in the house. We have fun in the pool playing water polo. When we do get time alone, we act like teenage children all over again. 

The one rule we both share is we are not allowed to fall in love with anyone. Yep, I'm married and Unloved and that is the way I like it. 

***  

Sit gazing into the water of the pool while my feet did circular movements. Bored to death. I wanted some excitement, but that will never happen. Rested my head back on the floor while my legs are still bent with my feet in the water. Looked up at the sky. How the clouds made shapes as they drifted slowly across the light blue sky. No breeze but the summer heated air. The aroma of flowers coming from the vast gardens that surround this stately home. 

Closed my eyes to imagine I was somewhere else. On a ranch with a cowboy. Licked my lips with an image of a sexy cowboy stood with his Stetson on his head and no shirt. "My god you look insanely hot," The tone escaped my mouth. Open one eye to see Kane stood staring at me. "Are you feeling alright?" His smirk is not going unnoticed. Shake my head with attitude while my eyes rolled.