Chapter 3: The Shinning Beacon Part 2

Mulai dari awal

Ozpin: "Also before I leave, I would like for you to meet my son." He points towards Y/n and gestures him to come closer. The boy obliges. Ozpin then puts arm around his son. "This is Y/n, I hope you can treat him well, though he is only 15." Everyone gasps at this and starts whispering among themselves "Ahem, Although he is only 15, I bet he'll beat everyone here" he says in a confident tone "That is all." he walks off.

The prince remains there completely unfazed, even with all the glares coming his way.

Glynda: "You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed."

Yang: "He seemed kind of-off."

Ruby: "It's almost like he wasn't even there."

——-

Ozpin and Y/n are walking back to the older man's office. As they reach the front door Ozpin turns around and faces his son.

Ozpin: "You should really go sleep with the other students." he suggests

Reluctantly Y/n pulls his notebook out.

'You do realize you just told a whole of bunch of inspiring hunters that I, a 15 year old, was better than them right? You don't think that'll cause some sort of resentment?'

Ozpin laughs to himself. Y/ns response to that was exactly how the older man envisioned it.

Ozpin: "You'll be fine Y/n, I mean I said that for a reason."

Y/n rolls his eyes at his father and writes once more.

'You are so insufferable sometimes.'

He puts his notebook back in his pocket and begins to leave.

Ozpin: "Your not gonna walk off on your old man are you?" he says with his arms open.

Y/n turns around, gives his father a glare and strolls towards him.

Him and his father embrace, Ozpin tightens the hug which surprises the boy.

After they separated Y/n gives his father a look of confusion.

Ozpin: "Don't worry about that." he explains "Now that you've grown i'll get fewer chances to do that." he smiles sadly.

Y/ns gaze softens, he begins to walk away slowly. But at the last second he turns his head and mouths.

'I love you, dad.'

The redhead turns a corner and leaves his fathers vision.

Seeing what his son just did the fathers eyes widen. A gigantic smile forms on his face.

Ozpin: "I love you too, son."

——

The scenery changes to students splayed out in sleeping bags. Ruby, in her pajamas and with a sleeping mask around her head, is writing in a journal when Yang crashes next to her, similarly dressed.

Yang: "It's like a big slumber party!"

Ruby: "I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though"

Yang: "I know I do!" She says purring and then looks at Ruby "What's that?"

Ruby: "A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going."

Yang: "Aw, that's so cuuuute!"

Ruby: "Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school! It's weird not knowing anyone here!"

Yang: "What about Jaune? Jaunes nice!. That's a 100% increase.

Ruby: "Pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend. Back to 0%