Part Eight

Armin's POV

Once I step foot into the house the first thing I hear comes from my father's mouth.

"Go clean the living room, your sister's friends came over and they made a mess in there."

"Why doesn't she clean it then? It's her mess."

"Well, idiot, the girls went shopping today and they aren't back yet."

I'm glad he hasn't even looked in my direction in order to see my eyes roll. Even if the girls were here I would still be the one to clean.

"And watch your mouth, smart ass. If I told you to boil your hand in steaming water, I expect you to do it, no questions asked. This right now should be treated the same as that."

"I'd just call the cops, that's physical abuse you know."

My father finally takes the time out of his day to stand up and look in my direction.

"Oh really? Your defense is you calling the cops? What the hell do you think they'll do if they do come here? Hm? Nobody gives a shit about you, what makes you think they'll believe you over me?"

"W-well, my hand would look terrible, that's enough evidence to support my claim there."

"That's it? I'd just have to tell them that you wanted to cook for yourself. That's true isn't it? You said so with your mother last night. And even if they did believe you, I'd just have to pay them off. Come on, you should be smarter than this, you should know you can't trust anyone to help you. Even the people that should, I know a good chunk of people that will turn a blind eye at the mention of thousands. You're only worth that much, it would only be fair."

The only thing I can do in this moment is stand with my head down as he talks to me. It is true that there have been many cases around the world that get ignored by the police and even CPS. Not only because of money but also the fact that they will sometimes write it off as not being as serious as other cases they have gotten. Would my case against my parents be serious enough for me to get help if they were to take physical actions against me? The sad truth is that even though there is the smallest possibility, the answer that I would lean toward would be no. Especially when they have the upper hand money-wise.

"Stop sulking about and clean the living room before the girls get back. You can try making your sad excuse for dinner after." My father says once he sees the contents of the bag in my hand.

With that, I place my excuse for groceries on the kitchen counter and walk to our cleaning closet. At this point it should be my cleaning closet since I'm the only one to even touch the door handle in years.

Once I get the supplies I need to pick up in the living room, I head straight there to get the job done. Though I try to ignore it, my mind still goes to the thought of no one giving a shit about me, that I shouldn't trust people to help me. Would they? Maybe not.

—————Time Skip—————

Tonight I've decided to take my microwave dinner up to my room to eat. Mostly because of the fact that my mother, my sister, and my sister's friends have come back from shopping. I wouldn't like to get teased for my food options, especially from my sister's friends.

I want to get out of this house, permanently. I so badly want to, I can't though because I don't get the best pay from my current job. Even if I did have good pay I wouldn't be able to leave legally without going through a whole process that I don't have the requirements for.

I'm glad that I get to work tomorrow though. I get to see my coworkers that are actually some of my friends at school. Like Connie, Sasha, and even Jean.

I was surprised when he applied for the job. Seeing as he gets easily irritated by Eren, I didn't think children screaming every couple minutes would be any different.

I soon finish my dinner and get up to clean my dishes. While making my way downstairs, my sister and her friends walk past me. I'm glad that today Allison didn't decide to do or say anything towards me other than a disgusted glance. Sometimes I wish me and my sister had a better relationship.

I get jealous when I see Eren and Mikasa having a good brother and sister relationship. Even though Mikasa is adopted, they have a better relationship than I will ever have with any of my family members. There have been so many late nights where I had scenarios of me getting adopted into a loving family such as Eren's and Mikasa's. Some going as far as me actually being adopted by the Yaeger's. Though I know that would never and could never happen, my parents wouldn't allow that to happen unless they were dead.

Once I get downstairs, I head straight towards the kitchen so I can get this over with as soon as possible. Thankfully, I finish before my parents can say anything from the living room and make my way back to my room.

My arms are tired. My legs are tired. My thoughts are tired. My eyes are tired. My mind is tired. My heart...is tired.

—————
Hope you enjoyed!
LOVES YOUS! 🤍