Forever

17

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!

LEO'S POV.

"I can't believe I completely forgot about that!" Nico said angrily, "You can practically smell death in the air."

"I know right?" Leo said sarcastically.

Nico gave him a death glare, "Shut up Valdez," Leo chuckled, "Now, I need some ambrosia." He said opening the drawer beside the bed, "Why can't you put some order in here? I've told you th-"

"That I could find things easier if everything was in order. Yes, I know mom."

Nico rolled his eyes. He took a look around the room, "You left it on the deck," Leo nodded.

"I think you left one the other day. Hold on," he went to the closet and took out a T-shirt, "Here"

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." He said giving him a peck on the lips.

"I'm still here!" Piper said raising her hand.

A slight blush covered the boys' cheeks, Leo cleared his throat, "Okay let's go."

They were walking through the halls behind Piper hand in hand. Piper looked at them and a big smile appeared on her face. "So Nico, you seem to spend a lot of time in Leo's room."

"Well yeah, I-" He looked at Piper who had a mischievous grin plastered on her face, "Oh no. It's not what you think!"

"Really? Because-"

"Mclean! He's only 15, control yourself." He said bringing Nico closer and kissing his head.

"He's like eighty something." She said winking at Nico.

"Well yeah but that's-" Leo looked at Piper who was smiling, "Why do you enjoy this?"

"I don't know, Aphrodite thing I guess." Leo just rolled his eyes and kept walking.

-.-.-.-.-

"We're an hour away," Leo said after asking Festus.

"So the only thing left is for us to wait?" Piper asked.

"So this is it," Nico said looking at his hands.

"Yeah, I guess." Leo watched him as he tried to avoid his gaze. He knew something was wrong so he stood up, "Okay, we'll meet here in thirty minutes? To prepare everything and stuff."

Everyone nodded in agreement and they stood up and left to their respective rooms. Nico was left sitting down, still avoiding his gaze.

"Nico?" He looked at him briefly and started to bite his nail in sight of nervousness. "Coming?'

He just nodded and stood up, walking beside Leo all the way to his room. Not a single word was said between them until they arrived at the room.

Leo stood on the doorframe and crossed his arms watching how Nico sat down covering his face with his hands resting his elbows on his thighs. "What's wrong Nicky?" he said looking concerned.

He answered but his voice was muffled by his hands.

Leo lost it, not wanting to deal with this at the moment, "Di Angelo, we have just a few more minutes left together and maybe I'll never see you again! So please tell me what's going on because-"

"You don't understand it, do you?" Nico snapped standing up and walking towards him, "We are about to die out there, Leo! One of us could actually die an-and," his voice broke and his eyes glimmered, "the thought of losing you again breaks me." He looked at Leo who was speechless, "But that doesn't matter of course." He turned around and started to look for his sword. When he found it he started to walk towards the exit, "Excuse me."