Chapter 1

3th person's POV

Ging was holding his son as he was wrapped in a blanket facing Hisoka smiling a bit.

Hisoka has been wanting to fight a strong opponent for a while and Ging would go extremely well in that position, seeing as he is in excellent Hunter.

"Hisoka, I have a favor to ask of you," Ging said looking at his son make grabby hands in his direction.

Hisoka raised an eyebrow looking at the older man curiously.

"Yes?" He asked.

"As you know, I want to continue hunting, but I have a child who I was going to give to his mother, but she unfortunately died due to childbirth. So I'm asking you, could you take care of Gon for me?"

To say hisoka was surprise was an understatement, he was completely and utterly speechless. Hisoka, taking care of a child, now what's that really the best option?

Noticing Hisoka's shock, Ging continued with his explanation.

"Well, since you are a magician I'm guessing you know how to entertain children, I thought it would be the good to ask you, but I know you don't do anything without a price so I have a deal," Ging explained.

Hisoka ear perked up when he mentioned a deal, "Mmm, ok what is this deal exactly," Hisoka smirked a bit seductively.

"If you take care of Gon for the first 12 years of his life makes sure he takes the hunter exam and find me when the time comes I will allow you to fight me," Ging answered.

Hisoka thought for quit awhile, so wait 12 years?

"Find, but the way he turns out is on you," Hisoka told him with a smirk.

Ging handed the baby over hearing him making cute little noses.

"Yes, I'm very aware of that." Ging answered before continuing, "I'll see you in 14 years Hisoka," And in a blink of an eye he was gone.

"14 year huh," Hisoka thought out loud.

"Ok now what do I do with you," Hisoka whispered to the baby boy.

•••

3 years later

Hisoka was now 18 year old living in a cabin that was located somewhere in the middle of the woods.

"Uncle Hisoka, how do you make you cards stay up like that?" The tiny green headed boy asked with his finger pointing to the tall card tower he saw Hisoka do many times.

"Well Gon, you must be extremely patient," Hisoka thought for a second. "Would you like me to teach you?" Hisoka asked, Gon's eyes shined as he shook his head violently with a huge mouthy smile showing his pretty white baby teeth.

"Ok come up here," Hisoka said as he padded the floor next to him signaling gon to set next to him.

Gon rush to the clown and hurriedly set down.

Hisoka sighed before flicking on of the cards making the entire tower crumble down.

"Ok, let's start of easy," Hisoka grabbed four cards and gave two to gon.

"Do what I do?" Gon asked but Hisoka decided to show him, slowly placing the to cards together letting them go when they were steady.

"Ooo," gon smile as he coped what Hisoka did. He put the two tips of the cards together, it took I'm a good two minutes before he decided that they weren't going to fall and slowly took his hands away.

"Yay!" The 3-year-old cheered at his success, Hisoka chuckled a bit. He had grown somewhat attached to the green headed boy.

"Ok, let's do it again, but by yourself," Hisoka watched as the toddler grabbed two cards slowly putting them together. He would do this over in over again sometimes making them fall on accident. Hisoka decided that when he connects all 56 cards without them falling then he would move on to the next stage.

Gon would have connect 26 cards in a row without fail to move on.

3 hours later Gon got about 10 in a row before he accidentally messed up from loss of patience and he would have to start from scratch.

"Gon come and eat!" Hisoka yell for the kitchen as he had just finished preparing dinner.

"Aww," gon said sadly as he got up going to the kitchen.

There was a couple of poison fruit that gon was required to eat.

Hisoka had cooked chicken, fish, and salad, the salad containing poison blackberries, apricots, cherries, and tomatoes. Hisoka had left the apricots out of his seeing as he didn't like the fruit in his salad.

Gon fix his food himself, going in the pantry getting a stool and dragging it to the counter. He climbed on the stool setting his plate by the fish, he got one fish and on chicken and used his hands to get the salad.

Hisoka watched as his tiny hands dugged into the salad grabbing a hand full of lettuce and place them on his plate, seeing as he didn't have many fruits Gon got all the kinds he liked and set them on his salad.

Hisoka had made sure to make balanced meals with meat and vegetables every time he cooked or they had takeout.

Hisoka sat down on a dining room chair and gon set on top of the table as he didn't have a high chair.

"Yum, Uncle Hisoka, food is good!" Gon always loved Hisoka food and ate with joy.

Hisoka finish up first and walked to the walked into the kitchen opening the freezer and got a container of daifuku mochi, a type of Japanese dessert that Gon had just recently filled in love with.

Gon was just getting finished as he at the last of his chicken loving the crunchy texture.

"Here," Hisoka set the dessert in front of him and immediately his face lit up with happiness.

"Wow, think you uncle Hisoka!" Gon giggled.

"Yeah, well you'll get twice as more when you complete the House of cards," Hisoka told him, Gon perked up at the statement.

"Then I'll try real hard ok Uncle Hisoka?" Gon asked with cute brown puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, you try real hard Gon," Hisoka smiled, Gon then stuffed him face with his daifuku mochi.