Part 8 (Baekhyun's POV)

Start from the beginning

Everything after that happened so fast, that Baekhyun wasn't sure if he should stay behind with Chanyeol or go after you. Once he saw Jongin get up and head towards Chanyeol, he took off after you. You didn't need to be alone right now, and Chanyeol needed to go to sleep anyway.

He ran out into the hall and found you immediately. You turned to see who had come out into the hallway, and Baekhyun saw the look on your face when you realized it was him. He was the person who always came after you, and that was exactly what you were thinking.

"Baek, you don't always have to come after me."

"I am not letting you be alone after what just happened. That would make me a terrible friend."

"Chanyeol is your friend too. You should go to him."

"He has 7 other people with him who can kick his ass, he doesn't need me, and that Chanyeol is not my friend. I don't know who he is."

He could tell his words saddened you, but he was determined to get your mind off Chanyeol. That was his mission for the night. He put his arm around your shoulders and pulled you with him to the elevator.

For the next few hours, he was able to distract you. He would tell you silly stories and impersonated as many people as he could. He even attempted to call Taehyung from BTS again, but you stopped him.

"Will you leave that poor boy alone?"

"First of all, he is my friend. You're allowed to call your friends, Y/N. Secondly, that guy will make you laugh until your stomach hurts. Nobody can be sad around him. I just don't think it's truly possible."

"Okay, well, that's great and all, but you don't need to call him at 3 in the morning."

"3 in the morning?! Since when??" His head snapped towards the clock. Holy crap, when did so many hours pass?!

Laughing at his obliviousness, you say, "Since it became 3 in the morning, Baek! I don't know."

Baekhyun suddenly recalled a memory that he hadn't thought of in years. He sat up in his spot with excitement. "Do you remember that night we went bowling? You let go of the ball too early, and it flung backward?" He laughed.

"Shut up, Baek. That was my first time!" You shouted at him.

"I thought Jongdae was gonna choke on his pretzel. Who did it almost hit?? I can't remember..." He brought his hand up to his nose and tapped it, thinking. "Was it Yixing? No... it was... oh..." His eyes widened when he realized. Shit.

"Chanyeol."

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bring him up..." He felt guilty. He had tried his absolute hardest to not mention Chanyeol, and then he brought him up anyway.

"It's not your fault, Baek. He's in all our stories. He was always there." You stare at the coffee table. "Why is he being like this? This isn't like him." You sounded so sad, and Baekhyun realized that, even with all his hard work to take your mind off Chanyeol, your mind was going to go back to him anyway.

He sighed. "Honestly, I don't know what's going on with him. We talked a couple of days ago, and he was pretty confused and lost. It's really hard to see."

He got quiet, worrying about what was troubling his best friend. It really saddened Baekhyun to watch his friend crumble apart like this, but then he remembered how Chanyeol was so desperate to talk to Daeun and set things right with her. That reminder washed away Baekhyun's guilt and instead replaced it with frustration.

Looking over at you, he said, "He's trying to get her back." All you did was nod at his words, which annoyed Baekhyun more than he knew it would. "You're okay with that?" He scoffed.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm so tired of all of this."

"Then let him go." Baekhyun wasn't planning on saying that, but as soon as the words left his mouth, he knew it felt right.

"What?" You asked him, looking at him with confusion.

Completely serious, he said, "You heard me. Move on. Find someone who actually cares about you and is willing to show you."

You sighed. "Baekhyun..."

He knew you were going to try to come up with a reason as to why you couldn't move on from Chanyeol, and he didn't want to hear it. "Don't. Don't tell me it's not that easy. Don't give me some weak excuse." He said as he turned towards you.

"It's not, though..."

"What is it about him? What does he have that's so special?" He had become increasingly more annoyed than he had meant to, so he tried to tone it down. "Why can't you fall for someone else?"

You were quiet for a moment, making him squirm. "Someone like you?"

"Yes. Me."

He slowly scooted towards you. Before you could protest, and before his mind caught up with his actions, he gently placed his hands around the back of your head and slowly pulled you to him. Your lips landing softly on his. He could tell you were shocked, going still for a moment, but then you kissed him back.

Holy crap, you were kissing him back. Baekhyun was internally freaking out because he never thought this day would happen, but then he cleared his mind and focused on his actions. Your lips were so soft, and he wanted so badly to deepen the kiss, but then you pulled away.

When he met your eyes, all you were doing was staring at him. He could see the confusion and sadness in your eyes, and he knew he messed up. He had taken advantage of you during a vulnerable moment, and he had just kissed his best freaking friend. The one that was in love with his other best friend, who, though he was being a complete idiot right now, loved you right back.

"Bae - ". You start to say his name to reassure him or something, but he cut you off.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He quickly said as he backed away from you.

"You don't have to apologize." You tried to tell him.

As he moved further away on the couch, he said, "Yes, I do. I know you don't like me like that. I know you love Chanyeol, and I was being inconsiderate."

You were quiet, and Baekhyun could tell you were contemplating what he said. "I'm sorry, Baek. I really am..." You whisper. "Especially if I led you to think something would happen between us..."

"No, you haven't. I just, sort of, hoped that one day there could've been." He admitted, finally letting his feelings out to you.

He could tell you felt bad, but he didn't want your pity. He just wanted everything to go back to the way it was 10 minutes before. You quietly ask, "Are we gonna be okay?"

He felt a small smile grow on his face. Somehow you guys were always on the same wavelength. "I was just gonna ask you that..." He said quietly.

"I would like us to be."

"Me too." He pulled you into a tight hug without any hesitation. He felt a mix of needing to touch you and wanting to comfort you.

"Thennnn we are?" You said, with a goofy look on your face.

He laughed. Wanting to relieve some of the tension, he thought he would tease you a little bit. "Good, but just so you know, I'm 100% a better kisser than Chanyeol. You can admit it. It's okay."

"You are not really trying to go there right now, are you?" The look on your face said it all.

"I mean, I just want to make sure you realize what you're letting go. I'm a catch, you know." He winked at you.

You patted his back and said, "Yes, you are, Baek. Yes, you are."

Wanting to change the subject, he asked, "So, when are we going bowling again?"

And just like that, your relationship went back to how it usually was. Baekhyun nursing his crush on you, and you being hopelessly in love with Chanyeol. In the end, Baekhyun just wanted the people he cared about to be happy.