Chapter 1

Deluna

"Come to me Deluna. Come to your Papa"

The man in front of me had my mothers blood on his hand.

He scouted a shrewd smile that didn't reach his eye and a crazy look in his eye that gave me the shivers.

What was this situation right now?

Just a second ago my mother and I were laughing it up in the kitchen, mother was making her favourite pecan pie for my father.

His favourite she'd say.

It was already dinner time, the best time of my life. I loved what ever my mother cooked, and today she looked to be in the best of moods.

Maybe it's because my father hadn't been mean lately.

But then that happiness died away quickly and in stormed my father with raw anger and the smell of cheap feminine perfume lingering around him.He'd pushed my body aside like it was nothing and slammed my mother into the living room to the glass table in the middle of the room.

"Papa No!" I screamed following him from behind and slammed harshly on his back but he got the better if me and pushed me to the floor.

"Leave her alone Damien she's just 13!" I felt the wave of relief on hearing my mothers shaving voice. So small--like she was about to die.

He then proceeded to slam into her with a club in his grasp yelling on how much she'd ruined him.

I screamed so loud but he ignored me.

He was nothing like what my books said a father should look like.

Why would my father be holding a bloodied cobbler? Are fathers meant to beat their soulmates to a pulp so often?

I often wondered if it was a sign of their love but soon as I grew I knew it wasn't a sign of anything.

He was a bad man.

The sound of my mother weeping on the cold floor bloodied up gave me the fright of my life. She was barely moving, I could hear her though. I heard her whisper my name to run.

To run from my father.

"Momma" I didn't even know when I spoke. But I did, and it was for my mother. I didn't know what I was feeling right now, but I was shivering.

I did not want to be near this man.

Soon enough cold streaks slowly rolled down my hot cheeks.

The man in front of me's face curled up in resentment, he wasn't happy about something.

"Are you fucking deaf. Come to your father Deluna Omara Arch" His voice grew louder a pitch and he stepped closer

"No! Get away from Momma!" I finally found my voice.

He was close to me now and from the looks of it he didn't take too likely to me talking back, he smirked at me before raising up his club he'd used on my mother.

My eyes zoned onto the club. All I could hear was my mothers loud screaming and shuffling, I couldn't move an inch.

I closed my eyes.

.

.

.

Present: