Pinky Promise

~(Y/N) POV~

Draco and I enter the Great Hall. It's buzzing with chatter. The Mandrakes have fully matured, so people should be waking up from paralysis tonight.

Lorenzo wasn't at breakfast this morning, but I know he'll be at dinner because it's the last feast of the year. I'll have to talk to him now.

We sit down at the Slytherin table. I make myself comfortable between Draco and Lorenzo. Blaise and Caroline are chatting. Thankfully, they've made up. Adrian shovels spoonfuls of mac and cheese into his mouth, while Crabbe and Goyle play rock paper scissors. Lorenzo sits quietly, reading Advanced Potion-Making.

"It's over." I snatch a french fry off of Blaise's plate and take a bite.

"Whore." He rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"Bitch." I scoff.

"You-know-who possessed the Weasley girl to open the Chamber of Secrets." Draco shakes his head disapprovingly.

"And it turns out Lockhart's a fraud." I laugh.

"Interesting. Not that I cared much anyway." Caroline chuckles.

"Lorenzo." I elbow him lightly.

"Mhm?" He flips the page of his book, unbothered.

"I think you may owe someone an apology." I say quietly.

"I don't apologize, love. When I do something, I mean it."

"Accidents happen." I take the book out of his hand. "Actually, I vaguely recall you throwing me against the wall earlier this year."

He clenches his jaw and looks straight forward.

"I'm not a child. I don't need an apology." Draco steals an apple off of Blaise's plate.

"Oh no. More drama between the attention whores of the group." Caroline snorts. "The sexual tension."

"Just don't hit him again, okay, Enzo?" I ignore Caroline's comment, and put my hand on his arm.

"For now." He snatches the book back and continues to read. 

I lean over to Lorenzo and cup my hand around my mouth to whisper to him.

"Thank you for looking out for me."

Sir Nicholas, the Gryffindor ghost, floats into the Great hall. He's the first to be revived from paralysis. People greet him happily while the Slytherin table ignores his presence. A few minutes later, Hermione walks in and joins the Gryffindor table. She engulfs Harry into a tight hug but awkwardly handshakes Ron.

"Of course, those three solved it." I rest my head into my hand.

"I don't even want to think about them." Blaise yawns.

McGonagall taps on her glass to quiet us.

"Can I have your attention, please?" She raises her voice.

Dumbledore stands up to give an announcement.

"Before we continue the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified." He smiles.

Cheers erupt from the mass of students, excluding the Slytherins.

"Also, in light of recent events as a school treat, all exams have been canceled." He continues.

This time, the Slytherins cheer the loudest.

Dumble sits back down, right as the double doors to the Great hall swing open. Hagrid emerges, looking cheerful.