Chapter 7 - Intermission Pt 1

WARNINGS: Mention of child abuse, domestic abuse
Sorry for the long wait! I didn't really know how I wanted to do this until recently but then I got busy af but! I'm giving you all a double update!

A boy that Death The Kid would absolutely despise came around the corner, doing a double take as he noticed the two people there. "My apologies, I was unaware anyone else was here, I came to speak with Shinsou."

"It's fine, this is my boyfriend by the way. He's in the support course and doesn't want to move, so whatever you have to say you can say with him here too." 

At Todoroki's hesitant look, Izuku spoke up. "Don't worry, whatever you're going to tell him won't be a secret for long anyways. Not that he would tell! But I have ways of figuring things out."

Honestly, Todoroki didn't much care if the stranger heard or not; he'd seen the boy in all of the events, and he was certainly strong enough to be in the hero course if he wanted. Which meant he didn't want to, and since he was in the support department, he'd be a powerful ally in getting equipment to aid in his use of his ice. "Alright. Well, firstly, I have noticed your close relationship with Aizawa-sensei. You two share similar looks of general disdain, apparently poor sleeping habits, mental quirks, and both of your hair stands up when you use your quirks; I've seen him erase yours and your hair fell. So, are you Eraserhead's secret lovechild or something?"

Izuku doubled over trying to suppress his laughter, and Hitochan just raised his eyebrow with a slight smirk. "Sort of, not really. Was that all you wanted to say?"

After a moment of processing the answer, Todoroki nodded and began speaking again. "Not completely, though this next manner is more serious, and relating to your relation, whatever it is, to heroes. As you know, my father is Endeavor. Never able to make it to the number one spot, he-"

"Arranged a quirk marriage to produce children of a strong enough quirk that they could surpass All Might, as such priding power far over anything of actual importance and pushing you, your siblings, and your mother in an abusive situation, causing your mother to have a psychotic break and burning, then freezing, your eye when you were 5, also ending in the 'death' of your brother even though he's only pronounced dead by absence and might very well still be alive?!" At the astounded silence from the half-and-half boy and small snort from his boyfriend, Izuku realized that that required an explanation. "Ah, sorry, it's a hunch I've had, though I have to guess it's true, right?" A nod, albeit confused. "I think your father's a sack of ass so I've been looking for evidence to try and get him in some deep shit, and stumbled upon some things that fit together a little too well, especially your medical records."

"Is that... legal?"

"Eh," Todoroki was baffled, as anyone would be. "Kind of? At my position, at least. Oh! I'll let you continue, and explain it all to Hitochan, but I actually wanna go check in with Kacchan! Plus I'm scatterbrained right now and need to work out some of my energy. Bye baby, bye Todokun! You're cute when you're surprised!"

Hitoshi raised an eyebrow at that, though his smirk was still present. He was well aware that Izuku was polyamorous, he was too after all, and though they weren't actively looking for a new partner, he must admit that Todoroki was hot. He was mysterious and witty enough to be Hitoshi's type, and aloof and snarky enough to be Izu's. He knew well enough that Todoroki probably didn't know what polyamory was, possibly not even homosexuality (or if he did, that it was okay), but if anyone could get through his childhood upbringing, it was them. "So, prettyboy," he couldn't resist playing with him a bit, the temperature user's scar nearly blending in with the flush on the rest of his face, "Izu summed it up and probably knows about the whole story, but I don't, so wanna start at the beginning."

"Ah, well, you're familiar with child abuse?"

"Intimately," he said deadpan, though snorted at the shocked response he got.

And so Todoroki explained his childhood, the longer and more detailed parts of what Izu had said, and how he was immediately sought as an enemy because of his more casual connection with heroes. When he finished, Hitoshi whistled.

"Shit, man. But really, not using your fire? I'm all for pettiness, but that just makes you seem stuck up and immature. Everyone else is out here using their all, and you wanna half ass it? Plus, it's not Endeavor's quirk, it's yours. My comment about child abuse earlier? Shouta- god that's weird to say- and I aren't biologically related, but he is my adopted dad. My bio dad was a piece of shit. I inherited my quirk from my mom's brother, and my dad hated it and how 'villainous' it was. Eventually one of his 'punishments' for her went too far and she died, so I ran and, long story short, ended up with my current family. My uncle wasn't a great person, per se, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be like him. It also means my quirk isn't villainous just because my sperm donor said it was. And it's the same for yours."

"I... suppose you are right. We should be going, the next round will be starting shortly."

"Aight. Hey, hot stuff?" The boy flushed a deeper red, but turned nonetheless. "Come sit with me and Izu at lunch, we have an open spot at our table. Just follow Kats- er, Bakugo, he knows where to go, and Izu will tell him to expect you so he'll drag you there anyways."

"Thank you," Todoroki said after a moment, turning and walking away quickly to hide his smile, and get ready to school his face back to face his fath- sperm donor. Yeah, he liked that, sperm donor.

[A/N: A lot of you (at least on AO3) guessed right, eventually Todoroki will be joining their relationship! Izuku is very nosy and has all the dirt on Endthewhore that he can access; I'd say no one can tell me otherwise, but this is my universe so that shit's canon babey. Also because this is my universe I have SO many headcanons about Shouto's burn and eye that I'm just going to pile on.]