chapter 9

The days were beginning to get shorter and colder as fall turned into winter. Jonathan had not talked or seen his father in almost a month now. His wrist was finally freed from it's prison of a cast and his face no longer bore any bruises. All was well.

"What about this!! Do you think she'll mind if I wear this?" Sherwin had been digging through his closet for the past hour. Putting on an outfit, looking in the mirror then changing his mind. This time he had come out of the closet wearing a a sky blue sweater with small white clouds scattered across it, tucked into white dress pants. His curly ruby hair sticking up all over the place due to the repeative motion of changing shirts.

"You look great! Just like you did in the last one sher bear. If you keep this up we'll be late to meet Gabby." Jonathan chuckled hugging the small boy from behind and planting a small kiss on his cheek.

Gabby had invited them both to her house so that they could meet her new special someone and watch a movie together, she had said something like a double date, but refused to tell them who she was dating no matter how much the begged her.

"Yeah I guess you're right we don't want to be late.... What about my hair is it ok!!?" Sherwin began to pat his hair down rather hastily, but it was no use. The flames continued to flare. Jonathan chuckled and rubbed Sherwin's head with his fist, making it even more messy then before.

"Hey!! Don't do that!" Sherwin said swatting Jonathan's hand away and turning to face him. The ginger stood on his toes trying to reach the taller boys head, but only reaching to about his eyebrows. "No fair! You're to tall" Sherwin dropped back onto his feet and gazed up at Jonathan, who just smirked.

"It has its perks you know" Jonathan tittered.

"Yeah...like what?"

"This..." Jonathan pulled Sherwin into a hug leaning down to give him a kiss on the forehead.

"Yeah ok I guess I won't complain" Sherwin said turning a bright red. "We should probably get going though... Knowing Gabby she's going to think we died!"

-------

The night air was crisp a slight breeze blowing the couple's hair as they walked down the streets hands woven together. The occasional barking of a far away dog breaking the peaceful silence. They walked like this for a while, taking a sharp turn here and there and just enjoying each other's company. Sherwin glanced over at Jonathan, he was so cute and perfect. Like honestly how could anyone look this good.

"You're cute." The words escaped Sherwin before he could stop himself.

Jonathan glanced down at the smaller boy, "no I'm not." He said simply.

"Yes you are. You're adorable."

"I'm taller then you, I'm just a pretty grown-up looking person overall, I haven't been called cute since I was little. I'm not cute."

Sherwin was silent for a moment, a pondering expression on his pale freckled face. "Well....am I cute?"

"Yes. You're the cutest person ever."

"How so?"

"Because you're just so small and lovable and endearing to me and you make me so happy and I just want to care for you and make you as happy as you make me. You mean so much to me and I love looking at your face because it's the cutest face I've ever seen, because it's the face of the one I love."

"Well your not small, but I could say the same thing to you."

"You think I'm endearing?"

"I think you're adorable."

"Ok, fine, you win, only you can call me cute though."

"Ok cutie!!"

Jonathan let out a sigh and a small chuckle. Then looking away from Sherwin let a small grin appear on his face. Sherwin saw this and grinned himself.

They continued a few more streets before they arrived at Gabby's house. The silver moon now peaking out from behind the clouds like a claw. There were no cars in the driveway because her parents had gone on a work trip to Mexico for a week so she basically had full power over the house. Jonathan and Sherwin climbed the stairs to the front porch, Sherwin knocking on the door. There was a movement from inside the house, then the door swung open. Gabby was dressed in pink almost rose gold velvet pajamas her thick brown hair was weaved into two dutch braids.

"Hey you guys!! Come on in!"

Jonathan and Sherwin stepped into the house. It was much warmer inside, their red cold faces began to thaw. Gabby showed them to the living room. Both boys jaws dropped when they saw who was sitting on the couch.

"Surprise!!" Gabby shouted giving them a hug "this is my honeybun!!"

Well hello there people!!! I couldn't stop smiling while writing this chapter!! And can I just say OMG 135 reads! That's freaking insane!!!😄🥳 Thank you so much! Anyway have a good day//night, love you guys❤️❤️