chapter 7

"So, Principessa, you are living here now and we do have some rules we would like you to follow..."

CARINA'S POV:

My heart was racing at the thought of rules. Not because of the actual rules, but because of the thought of the punishment they could give me. Would they be like them? Are they going to beat me if I break a rule? Before I could overthink anymore dad started on the rules.

"Rule 1: No swearing" the fuck, why would I not swear? Its fun :)

"Rule 2: Respect all your brothers and family. No talking back or disrespect will be tolerated" I'm sorry, but respect has to be earned its not given out freely.

"Rule 3: No drugs, smoking and boys. You can be friends with them but nothing more" Hey at least I can be friends with them :/

"Rule 4: If we tell you to do something, you do it. No questions asked. This is for your safety" ughhhhh, I can look after my self. I am a fighter, for fuck's sake.

"Rule 5: Always inform one of us where you are going or if you have any plans before hand"

"Rule 6: You are not allowed to go on in the basement. That is our workspace and don't want any disturbance" That's a bit suspicious.

"Rule 7: I expect you to keep up your good grades in school" ughhhhhhhh, school sucks.

"Rule 8: We expect verbally answers,

Do you understand?"

I went to nod my head but then thought of rule 8 and not knowing what the punishment is. So I answered, " yes, but I do have one question."

"of course, Principessa what is your question?" Ales asked.

"What is the punishment for breaking the rules?" I ask, nervously. Unsure if I want to actually know.

"That will be depending on what rule you break." he answered. Which really didn't help my nerves, but I just decided to drop it.

After a few minutes, Everyone had finished their food and I had ate half of mine but was full. Some of my family noticed how little I ate but didn't say anything about it.

After dinner was done, we all parted ways and I want to my room because my pain medication began to wear off. Once I stepped into my room I walked to my bathroom and went to get some more pain medication. I also decided to take a shower and go to bed.

After my shower I saw what I looked like in the mirror, and it made me want to cry. I couldn't even recognise the girl in the mirror. I had bruises covering almost all of my body and I had bad undereye circles. I just looked broken. I stepped out of the bathroom and into my wardrobe. Put on some long sleeved top and some trackies, before walking to my bed and laying down. Almost Immediately I felt tired and let the darkness take over.

*nightmare/flashback*

"Carina, oh Carina, where are you?" my step-dad slurred.

"COME OUT, NOW?!" he yelled. But I didn't move from under the bed. That was until I felt someone grab my ankle and pull my from under the bed.

"there you are, you slut?! You should know better then to run away from me, and now I am going to make you regret it." he slurred, while grinned evilly.

A this Point I was petrified. I thought I was about to get beaten black and blue. But it was much worse then that.

I kicked and screamed, I even tried to run but that just made him break back twice as hard, so I froze. I knew what was about to happen, but there was nothing I could do to stop it.

That night he took my innocence. I was 11 at the time.

*end of flashback/nightmare*

I woke up sweating and shaking out of fear of the memories. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2am, so I got out of bed and walked out of my room to bubba room, knowing that he would help make me feel safe and protected.

I knocked on the door and waited for an answer, but when there was none, I just waked in.

(his room)

I walked in and shut the door behind me. Then, I walked over to his bed and tapped his shoulder causing him to stir and look at me.

"Bubs, what's wrong?" he asked with a tired and worried tone in his voice.

"I had a nightmare. Can I say in here, bubba?" I asked tiredly.

He didn't answer, but lifted the duvet up so I could climb into bed, which I did without a second thought. Once I was in the bed he wrapped his arms around me protectively and then I let the darkness take over again.

*a few hours later*

"awe, they are so cute" a voice said

"hey, she is my triplet" another voice whined.

Then there was a very loud clicking noise that sounded a lot like a camera.

"you idiot, that's so loud. you will wake them"

That's when I decided to speak;

"To late, you already did" I said opening my eyes seeing my dad, Carlo and Ales.

" Bub, stop moving" a tired bubba whined.

"Sorry, but its time for breakfast now." I said as I was getting up to go downstairs with the others.

We didn't even wait for him to answer before walking out of the room and going downstairs. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I didn't even step 2 steps into the kitchen before Alex came running at me. So picked him up and put him on my hip causing him to lay his head on my shoulder and fall asleep.

I stared at the adorable kid in my arms before walking over to the table and sitting down carefully trying not to wake Alex up.

Bubba brought my food over and I thanked him.

As I started to eat dad spoke up;

"Principessa, today you are going to go shopping with your brothers"

-------

thank you for reading!

xx

24/01/2021