Superstar chapter one

Start from the beginning

"Apparently, you got the scouts I hired interested in you and decided to see all the hype and come to watch your game apparently and also see how good David Ham is. I was stuck in traffic," Tony explained to me.

"Wait, so you're the actual owner.So you know Dwayne Ham is a guy who drops 27.3 points per game, 18.3 rebounds, and averages 3 blocks per game. You also know Bronny James, the star rookie guard of the Knicks who averages 17.3 points per game 7 rebounds 5 assists," I asked.

"Yeah, I also met Mr 23.6 point per game scorer 7.4 rebounds per game and 10 assist per game passer," he said.

"You've met the next GOAT and the most famous player of all time, Lebron James," I replied.

"Yeah, I met many celebrities and you'll be one someday. Anyway I want to watch the game but since it's over there's no need to be here especially when I have more and more important stuff to do."

"It's an honour to meet you," I remarked.

"It's been a pleasure to meet you, Joshua."

Once he left I decided to leave. I walked and checked my phone to see what the time was. The timer said 9:41 p.m. and I was already getting kinda tired so I decided to catch the train to where my home was. By the way I live in Indiana. My dad is a lawyer and my mom is a police officer. We are a pretty comfortable middle class family. My dad always told me, "Everybody failed in their life one time or another but the failure is never permanent unless you never quit." My dad always pushed to be better whether that's in your grades or even in basketball.

I thought about that quote while walking out of the gym, knowing my failure wasn't permanent unless I practice harder and get better everyday. Today is Friday so I have Saturday and Sunday off to get better. I started to walk back and catch a train to Brooklyn. Once I started and loud rumbles happened. The ground beneath me started to shake and shake. I then ducked but then all of a sudden a debris from the top of the gym started to fall. The lights fell at an alarming rate above me. I jumped back dodging and avoided the large lamp from crushing me. The large lamps started falling. I quickly dodged and avoided all of the lamps. The shaking eventually stopped and I walked out of the gym to the hallway and sprinted to find the nearest exit. When I was running all of a sudden I tripped because of the earthquake. Once I tripped I fell completely to the ground with my left ankle parylized. I decided to crawl to the nearest exit but suddenly a locker in front of me fell to the ground where I was laying. I felt parylize with my injuries and fear. Then all of a whoosh the locker collapsed on its back. Everything around me started to turn black. Then I was suddenly free of thought.

I slowly started to wake up from all blackness. When I woke up everything seemed weird. I felt incredibly sick. My stomach felt like the inside of a shaken soda bottle. I was sweaty like crazy. My sweat felt like cold water in the refrigerator. I then rolled out of the bed and fell to the ground. I was shirtless and shorts. I crawled to the floor. I was in a nice beautiful room. My bed was made from tiger fur and was a huge king's size room.

I crawled next to the mini trash can. I grabbed the trash and barfed. I threw up two times than I tried to. Had an incredibly accelerated heart rate. What happened and where were the only questions and answers. My stomach rumbled and rumbled and rumbled. All I heard was boom and boom and boom. The noise felt quiet but threatened like most ASMR. I heard a boom that boom than boom. How can this stop, I thought. I crawled to the ground sweating and hurting.

The boom got louder and louder and louder. My brain was bubbling and bubbling. Could it explode, I thought. My body then became erect and frozen. My body felt like stone. Then boom everything around became black.

I slowly woke in the same bed I was before I became unconscious. There was a window that gave me a view of the ocean. Next to me was a desk. The desk was colored black and had clothes I got up out of my bed. I was only in underwear so I grabbed the clothes and put them on my body.