тридцать пять

february 2nd

you met with an attorney named kim seokjin, and told him everything that went down, still aware that you had no way out of this hellhole. you mentioned his mother had warned you about him, but believed that she wouldn't be your supporting witness.

you didn't even have a recording to support you because it was already deleted.

namjoon picked up the phone from his end and you did the same. your face was monotone, void of life. he didn't look too happy either, but he tried to appear nonchalant. "hey ayen."

"hi."

"how- how are you?"

"... i'm alright."

"that's great." he looked around awkwardly before asking quietly, "what really happened ayen?" this was your first conversation after your arrest.

you hadn't given him any details other than that he tried to rape you and you stabbed him. he didn't need to know about the recording, since you already found out he deleted it.

but since he asked so nicely, you told him as much as you told your attorney though you weren't allowed to disclose any information. screw legalities when you were already rotting in a cell; nothing mattered anymore, including policies and the law.

"he deleted your recording? from your drive too?"

"what?"

"your google drive, you use an android don't you?"

"yeah..."

he was on the edge of his seat while biting his nails anxiously. "it could be in your drive. do you think i could get a hold of your phone if i asked?"

you scoffed, "no."

"your attorney?"

"i don't know, i'll ask him tomorrow."

there was a moment of silence as the clock ticked. his time with you was coming to an end. "mister johnson is trying to come up with a plan. we're trying hard, ayen. i just need to talk to jungkook..."

you winced at the mention of your ex(?) and he apologized after noticing. "why are you trying so hard to let me out?"

"because it's not right! he's supposed to be here, not you."

"i have no faith in you," you admitted coldly, "but i'll tell you one thing. contact his mother, go to the cottage. that's the only way i'm getting out of here."

it was scary how much you resembled vanessa now.

namjoon went to visit his professor to update him on your state. he would chill in his lecture room since it became a hotstop for them to meet. "hey tony," he greeted.

"welcome back, namjoon. and don't call me by my first name here."

he smiled sheepishly and scratched his head. "sorry, sir. i met with ayen, and she looks really depressed."

"did you guys come up with anything?"

"well yeah," he sat down on the bench. tony leaned against the wooden desk. "she, um, she has no faith in us but she told me i should talk to jungkook's mom. she could be a potential witness. i'm going to talk to my friends about it too."

"your friends?" he furrowed his brows quizically. "why?"

he laughed uncomfortably at the memory. "ayen came over to my house once for a friend gathering, and jungkook busted us before beating up everyone."

"ho-ly!"

"yeah..."

"you're good at this namjoon," praised tony. "is that all?"