CHAPTER III

"Why I love darkness so much? Because Demons are Angels once but with broken wings" 
-Dark Knight

As Vincet set his foot onto the earth and lay the coffin on the top of the hill.

He furrowed his brows as he was battling with his own thoughts, whether to obey Abaddon's words or let just this poor little child live and run away on the consequences.

Gnawing his lower lip till it bleeds, slowly lifting his burning hand.

He sighed and closed his eyes, dropping his hand while shaking his head frustratingly.

"I can't do this..." He said to himself. He bent down to opened the coffin with his bare hand, though, he struggle to open it. Strangely, the more he force to open it the more he got exhaust.

He pants and rest his palm on his bended knees, wiping his sweat using his forehand as he cursed out "What the fuck" He breaths out.

Vincent pulled out his dagger and tried to pierce the upper part of the wooden coffin with it, but still, it was useless and got electric shocked.

"ACK! What the FUCK!" He cursed out loud as he back off, dropping his dagger on the ground and stare on his burnt palm.

He rolled his eyes as he got annoyed "Whatever!" He flew away with the coffin and placed it into the old abandon house.

"I'm sorry... and I'm sorry for myself too as I cant really kill a child like you, I, maybe a Demon... But I cant stand a Child being burn and turn into ashes..." He exhaled.

"Gosh... Abaddon will probably gonna kill me if he knew about this..." He facepalm himself and rubbed his cheeks frustratingly. He hang the dagger in front of the coffin and left the abandon house. From that day, he never went to the Underworld ever again.

.....

15 years passed by, and Katarina or also known as Chaeyoung, got used to the world that she was standing right now, however, being different is not an easy pace on her life.

She got bullied when she was in middle and high school years for having a different race and colors of her eyes. She got adopted in the age of 12 by an abusive family, eating their leftover food and treating her like their own maid.

"Chaeyoung!" Her mother called. Chaeyoung hurriedly went upstairs while still holding the broom on her hand.

"Yes ma'am?" Chaeyoung slowly asked. Hwang Bora, her foster Mother threw a tumbler at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung quickly shield herself using her arms.

"Fill my tumbler with a cold water" She said with a full of ignorance in her voice without looking at the latter, staring at herself through the mirror in front of her while massaging her cheekbone with a moisturizer.

Chaeyoung bent down to reach for the tumbler and nods "Yes ma'am" She said with her soft voice. She went down and passed by at the living room, hearing some murmur by the guest of her foster Father on the living room.

"Is that your child?"

Her father chuckled "No way, she's not my child, she's ugly!" He laughed.

"Nah, she's just different" one of his guest said.

Her father/Lee Jun Ki clicked his tongue. "Different my ass, are you hitting on my maid?"

"Maid?" He just nods and sipped on his beer.

"She look so young"

"and so? she's old enough to serve on my family" One of his guest just shake their head in disbelief.