My body felt on fire as I stared at the two titans, hatred burned in my eyes like a flame. I screamed obscenities again at them as they got closer and closer, but then the sight of my father's head caught my eye. His (e/c) eyes, identical to mine, stared at me. They were empty, no soul behind them anymore. My body shook even more as I saw an arm a few feet beside my father's decapitated head. It had a ring on it; it was my mother's wedding ring. I could recognize that simple silver band from anywhere.

I looked towards the titans again, ire in my eyes, blood still dripping down my face. "Just go away! GO AWAY! Look at what you've done!" My yells echoed in the streets. "LOOK! You killed them!" My voice broke on the last sentence and my body began to sway from the blood loss. "You...killed them," I murmured, my feet stumbling, making me pitch towards the ground. My cheeks squished against the ground as I watched my grip on the pipe loosen. Silent tears streamed down my face, knowing these were my last moments of living. I closed my eyes, to the sound of the titan's steps getting quieter and quieter, then I was forced into oblivion.

....................

A soft breeze coming from an open window welcomed me as my eyes fluttered open. Dirty white curtains flapped from the faint gusts of wind. I sat up, my head pounding, and looked at my surroundings, leaning against the headboard of the bed I was lounging on.

I was in a tiny room, only a nightstand beside the bed and a large dresser against the far wall was here. The blankets pooling at my waist were thick and warmer than the ones at home. I looked down at my appearance to see a brand new white shirt- singlet underneath- and a pair of soft brown shorts. White gauze was wrapped around my knees.

I cringed in pain when it felt like my brain was behind crushed into a fist. I clutched at it, bending over and arching my back over my legs. I shuddered and my breath trembled past my lips. Where the hell was I? Was Eren safe? Wait, Eren? Who was Eren?

My head pounded again as a vision of teal eyes popped into my head. Confusion crowded my thoughts, trying to remember who was the owner of those eyes. I smack my head. "C'mon brain! Remember," I muttered, nearly giving myself another concussion in the act. I gasped. "Eren! Oh my god, Eren and Mikasa and Armin!" I have to find them!

I threw the blankets completely off me and stood on my shaky legs. My bare feet met the wooden surface of the floor beneath me. I used the bed for support and made my way to the door, but before I could place my hand on the doorknob, it swung open and nearly knocked me off my feet.

"Oh my! Dear, what're you doing out of bed?!" I looked at the brown-haired woman confusedly. Her gaze went to the bandages on my legs and temple and she moved to usher me back towards the bed. I complied and leaned against the headboard again. She began to speak but I cut her off.

"Where am I?" I asked bluntly. She looked at me, a saddened expression on her face.

"We're in Wall Rose dear," she murmured softly, her hand came to rest on my shoulder, but I moved away from her. When she said those words, memories of everything came crashing down on me. My face crumpled and I hid in my hands, silently sobbing to myself. The empty face of my father and my (brother/sister)'s screaming came into my mind.

I felt the woman's comforting hands rubbing my back as I let all my emotions out. I didn't push her away this time. My hand went to my neck to grasp my pendent, but it meets empty air. I shot up, my face wet and filled with anguish, and asked the lady where my necklace was.

She shook her head, "You were never wearing a necklace, dear." Her arms were still around me as I began to cry again. I had nothing left from home: the clothes I was wearing were probably destroyed, too ruined for me to wear them again, and I wasn't carrying anything when the wall was breached- except for the necklace.

I sobbed against the woman's chest when she pulled me into her. I had nothing left of Eren. Nothing left to remember my friends by. They were probably dead unless Hannes got them out. God, I hope they got out.

After my crying quieted down into the occasional sniffle I faced the women again. "I-I need to find my friends." She nodded at me.

"Okay honey, we will, but right now you need to get some rest. Alright?" I didn't like that suggestion but I knew it would be for the best. If I got up now and tried to find them, I'd most likely just pass out again. The lady looked at me again, a soft expression on her face. "My name's Leria." Her soft baby blue eyes held compassion in them as they gazed at me. She reminded me of my mother.

"Y/n," I say and laid back against the soft pillows. She went to go away but I grabbed her slender wrist. "Eren, Mikasa, and Armin," I say right before passing out in a drowsy state.

𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

Armin, Mikasa, and I sat with our backs against the wall, hidden from everyone's sight. Mikasa held me down, saying I had to eat before we tried to look for Y/n. Not wanting to get on her bad side I gave in and ate the bread she stuffed in my mouth. I could feel Armin shaking still by my side.

Once I gobbled up the remainder of the bread I stood up, but Mikasa's grip on my wrists tugged me down to her- still sitting- level. "Open," she said referring to my mouth. I rolled my eyes and snatch my wrist back from her grip. I pulled her and Armin up and we stalked towards where the refugees were.

We began to shout her name, hoping she'd hear it and come running back to us. I was getting fidgety now, aching to hold her soft hand again and make sure she was safe.

"Hey, watch it!" A Garrison guard looked down at us, a small sneer on his face, but it changed once he recognized us. "Eh, Eren?" I nodded, also recognizing him- he was one of Hannes' comrades. His expression saddened as he looked at us, noticing our missing group member, but there was more to that look.

"Do you know where Y/n is?" Armin asked in a polite tone, but his voice slightly wavered with anxiety. I stayed quiet and paid attention to the soldier's stance. He knew something.

The soldier coughed and reached into his pocket, his face solemn. "I'm sorry," he said softly to us and handed Armin something in his hand.

It was Y/n's pendant I gave her. I grabbed it from Armin's palm and held it in front of me. Blood stained the teal color of the gem and the string holding it. No. No, no, no.

"Does that mean..." Armin trailed off, his face pitch white with tears forming in his eyes. I nod harshly, forcing myself not to cry. I aggressively tie the necklace around my neck, tucking it under my shirt, right next to my father's key, to keep it safe.

"No," Mikasa muttered softly to herself. Grief shines clearly on her face.

I looked up at both of them as they silently cried, well Armin was trying to not make any noise, but I could hear the soft hiccups coming out of his mouth that he tried to smother with his hand.

"Let's find somewhere to sleep," I mumble and walk away, not waiting to see if they'll follow me.

....................

I looked back at Armin and Mikasa, making sure they were sound asleep before tiptoeing away. I sat myself down outside of the building. I pulled my knees to my chest, my hand gripping Y/n's pendant like I would die if I let go of it.

I looked up at the cloudless night sky, the moon's light shining on me, making the tears falling down my face sparkle slightly.

My lip trembled and a broken sob came out of my mouth as the day's troubles came crashing down on me: the sight of the titan eating my mother, knowing Y/n was now dead. Tear after tear and sob after sob escaped me. It felt like I would never stop crying.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. I'm so sorry!" I cried to myself, my voice constantly breaking.

I fell asleep that night- next to Armin and Mikasa- my hand still clutching Y/n's pendant, wishing she were here beside us, and heartbroken that she never would be again.

𝐚/𝐧

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤🧍🏽‍♀️

(𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐢𝐥𝐲)