WINNERS

After several weeks of meticulous consideration, here are your winners for the Winter 2021 Awards! Please note that this contest was exceptionally difficult to judge with the overflowing number of amazing submissions that we received. Do not be discouraged if you did not win and instead treat this as a stepping stone towards a promising future of creativity for you!

Winners, expect a congratulatory message from the Winter Zodiac Team and your well-deserved stickers. 

We will be gradually sending out the scoresheets for all participants. This process may take some time so we hope you can be patient with us for this final stretch of the contest. 

Without further ado, here are your winners:

BEST BOOK:

The Claimed: A Clash of Copper and Gold by spelunkadunk 

50/50

Aesthetics/Design (3 points) — 3

Blurb (5 points) — 5

Author Name and Book Title clearly shown (2 points) — 2

Pacing (5 points) — 5

Character Development (10 points) — 10

Character Dialogue (5 points) — 5

Settings/Descriptions (5 points) — 5

Unique/Creativity/Overall Impression (5 points) — 5

Grammar (5 points) — 5

Formatting (5 points) —5

A page-turner from the get-go. This story was so unique and beautiful from the very first chapter that none of our judges could put it down. In fact, several of us pulled late nights just to read as much of it as we could. Captivating, gut-wrenching, suspenseful, and the epitome of diverse representation, spelunkadunk's tale blends elements of our contemporary world perfectly with this world of fantasy. Highly recommended and looking forward to a series.

BEST POETRY (TIED):