Just the beginning.// Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

Continuing eating the food in front of her, she glanced up when she heard Nami.

"I... Had no idea." She rubbed her head nervously.

"WHAT!? ISNT THAT LIKE REALLY BAD? ARE WE GONNA BE OK!?" Usopp shouted at Nami's reaction to whatever Crocus explained.

"Ah!~ Nami's so cute even when she doesn't know!~" Sanji fawned over her.

"Huh? Just what about this fish is bad?" Luffy looked down at his food quizzically.

"YOU TWO JUST QUIET DOWN!" Nami shouted from across the table.

"This elephant trout trunk especially delicious!" Luffy started gnawing on the fish, almost cramming the huge fish into his already chubby cheeks. Faythe started laughing at this. though following her laughter, Luffy took the chance to steal her food and fricken gulped it all in one bite.

"HEY!" Faythe exclaimed furious at her now clean plate. Luffy only shrugging at her outburst. her attention now gazing back at the flower headed man.

"To navigate through Grand Line, you'll need a Log Pose."

"A Log Pose? I've never heard of it." Nami tilted her head.

"Its a special type of compass that records the magnetic field."

"So its a weird-looking compass?" Luffy spoke up during his munching.

"Well, it is rather oddly shaped as well." Crocus nodded.

"So you mean something like this?" Luffy held up the globe shaped thing Faythe and him grabbed from the two weirdos.

"Yes that's it." Crocus said without blinking an eye, "Without a Log Pose, it'd be impossible to navigate on the ocean. Of course, it is quite hard to obtain one outside the Grand Line."

"I see, but hang on just a second..." Nami got out of her seat and launched a punch right in Luffy's face, making his food get slung out of his mouth, "WHY THE HECK DO YOU HAVE ONE!?"

"Those two weirdos from earlier, accidently left it on our ship." Luffy sat on the ground still munching on his face.

"Them?" Nami tilted her head now remembering those two strange people.

"Why'd you hit me?"

"Just felt I had to."

"Oh." Luffy's only reply back to that set Faythe laughing at that whole conversation.

"So this is a Log Pose... There's no marking on it or anything..." She leveled it to her eyes.

"The various islands across Grand Line, all have their own magnetic field surrounding them." Crocus continued, "So in short, you'll have to record the magnetic field interaction between any two islands. before you can progress on to the next island."

Nami nodded, information being sucked up at the new things she'll have to do as a navigator. Faythe just went into a weird daze, already lost at the word magnetic field.

"In this ocean where one cant use any normal means of path-finding, this Log Pose represents the only reliable way for one to find his way. From this mountain, you'll choose 1 out of 7 magnetic fields to record, which'll lead you to different islands. But no matter which island you start with, the paths will all converge into one eventually... And the name of the very last island one can reach in the Grand Line is..."

He stopped and gave us all a very serious expression, which only make me pause what I'm doing and stare back.

"Raftel.

The final stop in the Grand Line.

The only ones who've ever confirmed its existence in history is the Pirate King and his crew.