Author's Note

(EDITED)

♛  ♛  ♛

Hey, everyone, it's Laramie here again with a new book! Having quite lost interest in writing A Beautiful Secret, I have decided to publish this new story, for which I am currently absolutely stoked.

Although ABS is currently discontinued, I still intend to revamp the story in such a way that plot holes are filled, characters are better depicted, realism is incorporated, and grammar is, as well, amended. However, it is inevitable that the plot will be altered in some ways, though I would try to retain as much of the originality as possible.

Needless to say, ABS is gonna get a total makeover—plus a new title, perhaps, but I cannot say how soon exactly I would have the time for it.

So I've decided to focus on Behind Their Veneers for now, and don't worry, I promise I'll try to finish this one. I have a pretty good feeling about this book though and I really hope y'all will accept it into your hearts.

Enough ranting, we all know the rules. No stealing, copying or plagiarising without direct permission from me. Copyright infringement would duly attract dire consequences, so please refrain from doing that. I respect people's efforts here and I'd like for y'all to do the same for me.

This book is a figment of my imaginations, fantasies and dreams (UPDATE: lol, dreams). Any character, name, plot, event or whatever resembling another story, real life events or person (alive or deceased) is simply and only by coincidence. Character names are chosen haphazardly and fictitiously.

Waiver: There are some stuffs that might be mentioned for example, restaurant names and/or owners which have been extracted from Pinterest and Google. They are actual places and/or names. Such names will be stated at the end of the chapter. Copyright duly goes to the owners. I do not claim them.
(UPDATE: I altered them).

I'm not an expert in forging or coming up with names for some places or restaurants but if any of my readers has this gift, I would be more than happy to hear various suggestions. You could always comment or hit my PM. (UPDATE: I found a way, BTW!)

When such places are made use of though, there would be a few tweaks to them like their description or location, so don't expect them to be exactly the same as in real life. This is a fictional book after all.

Quotes used in the Epigraph are not mine and Copyright also goes to their owners as well as images/pictures that may be used in this book, but works of graphics and edits are all mine.

P.S: This book would invoke fairly raw emotions, especially with respect to unstable conditions, therefore, if you're quite the sensitive type, I'd suggest you skip such chapter(s) entirely if you can't handle its contents. I'll be sure to state at the heading if the chapter contains sensitive or triggering contents.

(UPDATE: So after reading hundreds of books out there, I discovered that the contents of BTV are like just 5–10% triggering compared to some other books. I intend to do way better).

Mildly sexual contents, mature scene(s), mentions of rape, drug (ab)use, suicidal attempts, self harm, self-blame, and mentions of certain degree of gore and sadistic actions are contained in this book. So beware.

That'll be all for now. I hope you all will enjoy reading BTV as much as I'll enjoy writing it.

© Laramie @2021
All Rights Reserved.

♛  ♛  ♛