And then a whole boring story unfolds, (Y/n) didn't know that Hughie could be that repetitive. He kept telling them on and on about how it went smoothly, how he was such a badass and blah blah blah. The only part that she knew would have been difficult to him would be looking A-Train in the eye, she knew that he despised the guy and that was probably the most challenging thing he had done at Vought. He kept talking on and on about his feat, not noticing when they stopped and the girl got out of the car, waiting for him leaning on the roof.

"I get why you dig this job." he said smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah, you know, has its moments, doesn't it?" Butcher sighed softly, almost unnoticeable.

"You were right. Fuck A-Train." he looked at Billy "Fuck The Seven!" he laughed a little "Fuck all... Seven." he looked outside, seeing (Y/n) with her brows lifted and crossed arms, behind her the job that he actually hated, but couldn't bring himself to admit so "What are we- what are we doing here?" he turned to the man on his side confused.

"You two have work, don't you?" he said it like it's obvious to the kid.

"Come on Hughie, I want to finish this shift as fast as possible." she said, leaning more on the roof, getting a view of the two inside the car.

The kid stuttered a little bit, not knowing how to phrase what he was thinking.

"Well, I mean, that's all I need you for right now, yeah?" Butcher tried to make it less embarrassing for him.

"Yeah, I mean, I can... I can help you with other stuff, you know? I could be, like, your tech guy. I could be in the van with the thing and, like, you know, 'He's down to the hall to the left'." he continued, wanting to be useful and feel the adrenaline he felt that day again.

"Yeah, not gonna happen." (Y/n) opened the car door, locking her arm on his and getting him out of the car "He doesn't need you now, honey. He's got my number and yours, if he ever needs us he can just call." she grabbed him by the arms, looking him in the eyes, he noticed how she never looked at him that way, like she was convincing a child that they needed to eat lunch first before ice cream.

He ignored her for a bit, getting down to the car's level and trying again.

"I can really help."

"I know you can help, I got it." Billy smiled softly at the kid.

Hughie frowned, turning to walk away, before turning again and getting the paper signed to get the forty five thousand.

"Hey, you ever see an asshole tear up 45k?" he ripped the paper in half, smiling dumbly at Butcher.

"You're a good lad." he simply said, his face now serious.

Hughie turned slowly to go inside, while (Y/n) lingered outside, waiting for her turn to talk to the man.

"What is it, sweetheart?" he asked, getting closer to the passenger door, hoping to get a kiss or at least a closer look at her pretty face.

"Well, I think you already know it." she said, leaning on the car's window, giving a view that was so hot that the man could feel heat going directly to his crotch.

"Anything happens I call you." he repeated what she said the other day.

"You got it." she winked at him, licking her lips before biting into her lower lip.

She extended her hand and ran it through Butcher's beard, making him close his eyes to enjoy the moment and tilting his head back a little, showing his perfect jawline. He was getting quite used to having his beard played at.