☆❝х'ѕ❞

I squirmed around in my bed trying to find a comfortable enough position to fall asleep in, yet nothing was working.

I sighed, before sitting up and looking over at the clock to see it display the time 6:35 pm. It was way to early for me to go to sleep, so this nap was probably never going to be happening.

I lifted myself off the bed for the first time all day to make something to eat, since I needed to do something to get through the day.

I looked through my food and just decided on making cereal, since that was really the only thing left. But, as soon as I looked in the fridge, there was no milk which caused my eyes to roll.

I haven't left my apartment in a week, minus the exception of going to work daily, which forced me to leave. I haven't talked to any of my friends, (except for Xavier, which is just a hi and bye here and there), and Jacob definitely hasn't called me. I honestly would rather to have been broken up with him, then for him to leave me in this depressed state, wondering what he's doing or if he's even worrying about me.

I ran a hand through my knotted hair in aggravation, before deciding to just go to the store.

I quickly changed into a white t-shirt and some sweats and rushed out to my car, already ready to get back inside.

I arrived at the closest store fairly quick, and found the milk almost immediately. But, I also decided to pick up a few more things for my apartment, since their was really no food there.

I quickly grabbed some eggs, cheese, bread, and was in the process of trying to reach one of those big value size bags of 20 chips, but I was too short to reach it.

I groaned, continuing to stretch my little arms, until a tall man accidentally bumped into me while looking for the greek yogurt.

"Oh, I'a sorry ba- Makayla?"

I sighed, immediately recognizing his voice. "It's alright, August. "

"Aight, but - a, what'a you doing hea'?"

I laughed a little. "Trying to get these damn chips. "

"I gotchu'. " He chuckled, swiftly grabbing the bag from the top shelf, and handing it to me.

"Thanks. "

He nodded, and a small silence fell over us. "So wea' ya' boyfriend?" He asked.

I sighed, "I don't even know, to be honest with you. "

He smirked. "Ain't work out the way ya' wanted, huh?"

"Oh, stop it," I laughed. "What about your little girl friend? Where she at?"

"If you must know, dat' night was our first date, and it didn't really go as planned. "

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that.." I trailed off, as he just laughed.

"It's fine. She wasn't all 'lat anyway. "

"Exactly what I thought!" I said and we both laughed. "Well, it was nice seeing you, but I should go. " I told him before putting the chips in my cart, and started to roll away.

"We ca' always hang out sometime!" August called out, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

I turned to face him. "Y'know, me and Jacob are in a confusing space right now, I just don't think that would be right. "

"As friends?"

I sighed. "Sure, whatever. "

"How 'bout right na'?"

I stopped steering the cart and thought about it. August was actually fun to be around, and I haven't been out in so long, so why not? Plus, nothing can happen between us unless I allow it.

I smiled a little. "Ok. "

-

"You're cheating!" I accused.

He laughed, throwing his hands up in surrender. "Nah, you jus' suck. "

"I do not! I would be winning right now if you weren't such a cheater."

"Aight' baybeh, believe whatchu' want. I'm still winning though."

I rolled my eyes, but tried to keep focus on the game. August and I were at his house is playing 2K14 and he kept beating me! There's no way, because I am amazing at this, so he had to be cheating. But, focusing on the game was so hard because of the shirtless man sitting right beside me. His tattoos glistening and every- no. We agreed to hang out as just friends, so I have to keep these thoughts out of my head.

Just focus on Chris Paul, Makayla. Focus, I had to keep telling my self.

"Ahh!". He yelled out and I sighed. "And 1 bitch!"

I laughed. "So unnecessary. "

He got up and did a little dance. "71 to 45, ha!"

"Ok, can we play something else?"

"Aww, you mad I beat you?"

"Boy if you don't-"

"Ok," He said dramatically dragging out the last syllable. "We'll just watch a movie. "

I smirked. "Thank you. "

He flashed a smile, before going on netflix and starting a random movie.

I laid down on the couch, and felt August lay beside me, and wrap his arms around me.

I sighed, but didn't say anything, because it's not a big deal, right?

We continued to watch the movie and it was actually pretty good, and funny. My head sunk deeper into August's bare chest, as I tried to get more comfortable, and he let out a long breath.

"I miss you..."

I immediately shot up from the couch and sat on the other side of it.

"Uh, w-what?"

"I miss being around you, Kayla. I wanna spend more time with you, and got damn, I wanna fuck you baybeh. "

My eyes widened at his bluntness.

"August, no..." I started, trying to find the right words to say. "We just can't..."

"When have you eva' followed the rules?" He moved closer to me, so their wasn't that big of a gap between us.

"I thought we agreed to just be frien-" I was cut off by August smashing his lips against mine, and for a second I kissed back; before I got into my right mind.

I pulled away, quickly getting up off the couch.

"I have to go. " I grabbed my coat, putting it on fast.

"Sorry," he called out, before I exited his house.

//

sorry for the wait, guys. school is so stressful right now, and i honestly didn't even have time for wattpad. but i'm back! so expect more!!