🌞Chapter 20🌻

🌞🌻

In the days that followed, Gulf often visited Rachan. And Mew would also visit Gulf, now that he had a debt with Lovely.

Gulf tried to chase him away, but since his gang was affiliated with Lovely, he couldn't use violence. It was really annoying. Mew chatted with First and asked Gulf how everything was.

It was near the end of November now.

Gulf kept threatening, but Rachan still wouldn't leave. He kept wanting to reveal himself to the old man, but never seemed to find the guts to do so.

"Gulf. You're taking your time over this one," the president reminded him one day.

Gulf's body tensed. "I'm sorry. He's a stubborn bastard."

"Are you doing what you have to do?" the president wanted to know. "Do you really know how to push him? Brute strength always works best. Throw a dead dog through the window at dinnertime. That will get rid of him."

"Sir, he really is a stubborn bastard!" Gulf insisted.

"If that doesn't work, mix paint with shit," the president said. "Spread it everywhere. He won't get over that easily."

Times really had changed. They never used to stoop to such tactics. Now the gang would do anything it took to get the money.

"I just need a little more time," Gulf bargained.

"Ah. But don't keep me waiting too long. I can't loose face here." The president coughed before he continued in a a darker voice. "If you have no other choice, burn the joint."

"Burn it?" Gulf gasped.

"Yes, a grand gesture to get the money repaid," the president answered. "But if you can't do it, you know what I'll have to do to you."

With that threat, the president hung up.

While Gulf was lost in his thoughts. Mew sat next to him.

"Not a good conversation, eh?" Mew remarked. "If you're still having money problems,  my company can offer you another loan."

"Really?" Gulf asked, blushing.

It would definitely be better than burning the place down. His heart beat a little faster.

But the conditions will be harsher than last time," Mew said mysteriously.

"How so?" Gulf asked warily.

Mew grinned. "First, move in with me. It'll be eight million. You can't run away."

"I won't run away," Gulf snapped.

"But if we live together, Mew went on. "I'll have to take out your share of the expenses. Rent,  electric bills..."

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" Gulf screeched.

Mew was sounding like they'd be newlyweds!

"We'll add it to the other conditions," Mew said calmly, pulling a contract from his locker. "Just sign next to the living together part."

"Like hell I'll live with you! But I'll take a look at it," Gulf grumbled, eyeing Mew suspiciously. He took one look at the contract and ripped it apart.

"Ah!" Mew cried out in dismay.

"You bastard!" Gulf yelled. "What the hell is this? Three fingers  up in the ass..?!"

He tossed the shredded contract into the ashtray and lit it with his lighter. He couldn't rely on Mew. He had to do something himself.

I have to burn the place down.

He couldn't go against the president. Underlings did what they were told. All this worrying about it wasn't doing anything.

I have to do it!

Gulf was a gangster. He couldn't go back. He could only go forward.

The memory of Rachan's face still made him feel sick. But today he would say goodbye to his old, emotional self.

TBC