Chapter 21: Darin's Tailor Shop

Начните с самого начала

"I'm at Darin's right now. I started the process for you and Riley to finish."

"Wow. Thank you!" I said.

I looked at Riley and smiled. He jumped up and asked, "What?"

"I just talked to my brother."

"OK? And?"

"And, your mother is not dead."

"What!?"

"Yep. Thomas says Rayne is a servant at the castle. He said that when she first started working there she was mumbling about you and how she wanted to save you. That's why she faked her death. She knew one day you would meet me."

"Wow. That's,that's amazing. How did you talk to Thomas?"

"Telepathy." I said and I concentrated all my energy to Riley and said telepathically, "Hi Riley." Riley stepped back and looked at me in shock. "That was..cool." We laughed as we walked down the stairs.

An hour later we were in Darin's tailor shop. Riley was right next to me. When he saw Darin he stopped. I stepped in front of him so Darin wouldn't see Riley and then the spell be broken. "Riley. You wanted him to remember you. So let's do this right so we can move on. OK?" He nodded and as I passed a brown dress I was pulled into a memory.

"Jake, will you please take out the trash for me dear?" a woman in the very dress I bumped into said. I looked behind me and saw a much younger Warlock Jake.

"Yes Mother." Jake said and took the trash out. The woman turned around to face an older man and said, "You see Daniel. You just have to use a soft, calm voice with him."

"I did! The boy just doesn't listen to me." the man said.

I was back in the shop, what I saw was unbelievable. Riley and Darin were hugging. "What did I miss?" I asked, completely confused. Riley looked at me and smiled. "It worked Ashley. It worked." he said. I smiled and asked, "How?"

"Well, when you were in the vision I focused all my energy on triggering his brain and it worked!" Riley said.

I smiled again and looked behind me. A young man had just left the store. He turned to look at me and smiled. Thomas. I thought to myself. "Darin. I need to ask you some questions." I said. Darin nodded and led Riley, Jonah, and I to his office.

"What can I do for you Ashley?" Darin asked me.

"I was hoping you could answer some questions that I have."

"Of course. Whatever you need."

"How close were you and Jake?" I asked and right away Darin flinched.

"Not as close as him and Mom." he said.

"Did you guys ever fight?"

"All the time. We had our last biggest fight after Lydia died."

"Explain more please."

"He thought I was the one who gave Lydia the disease. She actually got it from running in the forbidden forest."

"I don't understand."

"A person can get Red disease from brushing up against a tree that a red squirrel had climbed up. Or a red bear rub against. Lydia brushed up against it and as soon as she got home there were at least 100 red dots covering her arm. We took her to the doctor and they dismissed her for poison ivy and gave her some medicine. That only made it worse. By the end of the week her arms and legs were full of red dots. Another week later we were all outside and she was asleep. Jake went inside and found her without a pulse. He blamed me for her death. So I packed up and left that night, no note, address, or number. It wasn't like they were going to remember me anyways. Nobody did. Unless I was in trouble."

"I'm sorry. Tell me more about the relationship between Jake and your mother."

"Mom was an excellent cook. She had a lot of money too. Liza was first, then Jake, me, and then Lydia. Mom showed such love for Jake and Liza that it seemed Lydia and I didn't exist. I was always there for Lydia. She would've been 18 last month." Darin said. Jonah, frustrated turned into a bat and screeched, "Your Mom! Not Lydia. We are on a timed schedule." I glared at him. He turned back to himself and I said, "Go wait outside with the animals Jonah."

"Yes Your Highness." Jonah said through his teeth and left. I looked back at Darin and said, "I apologize for the rudeness."

"It is Okay. Is there anything else I could do for you?"

"Well, I was wondering how much the brown dress in the corner costs?" I asked, pointing. Darin nodded and asked, "Why do you need it?"

"Well, I plan to get Jake's wand from him."

"How?" Darin asked. I grabbed Riley's sleeve and shapeshifted into him. When Darin nodded I let go. Again Darin nodded and handed me the dress. "You can just have it. Could you ask Jake to forgive me?" he asked me. I looked at Riley and he smiled. "I will do my best." I said and Riley and I walked out of Darin's Tailor shop.