Chapter Five: Reece Collins

Start from the beginning

            “Good morning,” Juliet says with a bright smile.

            “Reecee!” Rayne says with a smile.

            “Morning son,” my dad says glancing over his paper smiling.

            “What are you doing after school today, Reece?” my mom asks as she sits my plate in front of me and sits at the other end the table.

            I take a bite of my food and then look at her. “I plan to go to the shelter and volunteer,” I say after I swallow my food.

            “Oh that’s sweet honey. You should be going,” she says as she looks at her diamond encrusted watch.

            I glance down at my watch and groan. Crap, I need to go! “Bye, I love you guys!” I say as I leap up and kiss my mom’s forehead and then my sister’s. I give my dad a hug and then one to Conner.

            “I love you too!” they all reply as I race out of the room. I walk through the house and out the front door, and down the large front porch to my black, 2013 Chevy Camaro. I retrieve the keys from my pocket and unlock the doors as I slip inside and start it. Pulling around my circle driveway I get onto the road and begin towards the school.

*^&#^*@

            Getting out my car I walk over to my friends, as they wait for me, smiling. Jace my best friend is leaning against the railing along the steps. He has his black hair spiked and is wearing some faded jeans with a blue shirt and his varsity jacket. Beside him are some of our other teammates, they are my friends but not my best friends.

            Joining them we do the man hug and Kyle one of the guys is talking about his latest hook up while I stand and pretend to listen. I mean I hate how they play girls! It’s stupid! They treat girls like they are animals, I mean they are people, incredible people. Now, I sure the hell am no virgin, not even close, but I still think of them as women and not toys. Surprising as that is, seeing as I am Mr. Popular.

            The bell rings and I nod to the guys walking off with Jace. “Man, I feel bad for Kyle, bro,” Jace says shaking his head as he walks alongside me. I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

            “Why?” I ask with a chuckle.

            “Cause the girl he slept with was my left over’s,” he says with a laugh as we turn a corner and continue to our class.

            “Wow…” I say as we reach our AP English class. I still yet to figure out how Jace is in it. Not saying he’s stupid or anything it’s just he’s an idiot.

            We walk inside and everyone is sitting down. I look around the room and my eyes fall on Payton. Gosh, she is pretty, even though she has crazy brown hair, brown eyes, and pale skin she still is pretty because of this glowing light around her. She just never talks to anyone!