The Next Big Sting

Start from the beginning

"I don't know about you guys, but I was under the impression that a flight suit was supposed to fly." Tuffnut commented as Hiccup continues to fall.

"Yeah, that looks more like a plummet suit." Ruffnut chuckled.

After counting till 5 while watching her brother fall, Hicca immediately got on her dragon and raced to save Hiccup. Since they didn't count on the suit not working at all, the two girls were positioned further away from the cliffs and it was up to the female Night Fury to go at her top speed and reach Hiccup before he hits the rocks. Unfortunately, Toothless couldn't help himself and dove after his human.

SPLASH!

The two Night Furies reached Hiccup at the same time and their high speeds ended up with them crashing into each other, sending all four of them into the water, thankfully not hitting the rocks.

"Do it again!" Ruffnut called from above.

(Linebreak)

The group of four made their way back to the others. Hiccup was not deterred from this failure and decided to make a few tweaks, while Midnight was scolding Toothless for not letting her save Hiccup.

Hiccup got up once he finished. "Okay, so I made a few tweaks. Now behold some serious flying."

"This time Midnight and I are flying alongside you." Hicca declared getting back on Midnight.

Midnight and Hiccup took off at the same time, both opening their wings. "Yeah, baby!" Hiccup cheered as his flight suit.

At least for a few seconds...

That cheer quickly turned into a scream as he plummeted yet again. Midnight immediately dove down after him. Toothless reluctantly stayed back and let Midnight rescue Hiccup. Midnight was able to grab Hiccup, but she was flying so fast that when she took a sharp turn upwards, she accidentally bumped into a sea stack and lost her momentum. This resulted in the three of them falling into the ocean yet again.

As they came back to the cliff side, Toothless started laughing at his mate, since she fell into the ocean without his interference this time. Midnight silenced him with a glare.

Hiccup still wasn't ready to give up. "This time, I absolutely know where I went wrong. You see, it's all in the timing. I just judged the updrafts wrong. I assure you, I definitely have it now." He reassured the others who didn't seemed to convinced, not even his own twin.

Toothless was in position, ready to take over rescuing Hiccup. His noticed this. "Wait, Toothless. Don't worry, bud. I've got this under control." Just then the wind began to pick up. "See? There it is. Okay, now! Come on!" He jumps off the cliff for the third time, but this time his wings caught the air, allowing Hiccup to fly. "Whoa! Wait! I'm flying? I'm flying!" The success seemed to surprise Hiccup himself as he started laughing in excitement. "Woo-hoo! Excellent!"

The others watched in amazement.

"Wow." Raeda said.

"I cannot believe that hunk of junk actually worked." Snotlout said.

Hiccup then spotted another cliff in his direction. "Okay, right turn." But that soon proved to be easier said than done as Hiccup didn't seem to account for the turns in his design. "Okay, well, I might have to work on the steering a little bit." He muttered before shouting. "Toothless!"

Immediately sensing the danger, Toothless took off after him. Hicca and Midnight followed behind.

"Oh, Thor! Oh, Thor!" Fishlegs gasped, covering his own and Meatlug's eyes.

"What the... Aaah!" Hiccup yelled. Luckily Toothless managed to catch him before he hit the cliff. Once again, Hiccup found himself in the river. Hicca and Midnight lands near the boys as they got out of the water. "Thanks for the save, bud." For revenge, Toothless sprays water and pushes him to the ground "Whoa!"