"We're friends making sure nothing happens to you!"

Off to the side was Kurapika, opting to stand. The two were an unlikely and, currently, unwelcome duo that were intruding on your time with Hitoshi. The poor antisocial teen didn't look any happier than you, the two of you exchanging unamused glances.

"You're lucky you're allowed out at all, considering your predicament," Kurapika pointed out knowingly. As much as you hated it, he was right. Aizawa was highly against you leaving the apartment before the training camp - if it hadn't been for Kurapika and Leorio offering to tail you, you probably wouldn't even have been able to come.

It didn't make you any less annoyed, however.

This had been happening all day - Leorio butting constantly into your conversations, and both teens slyly separating you and Hitoshi when the two of you got close. You expected that from Leorio, but Kurapika too? Talk about annoying. However, you weren't one to just roll with it. Already were you coming up with a plan; you just hoped it worked.

"Hey, is it okay if we walk in the park? It's super nice out today!"

Hitoshi agreed immediately, although you weren't sure that he knew your ulterior motives yet. Kurapika and Leorio didn't seem to pick it up, either, and so after you all finished your crepes your odd quartet started to head off to the park, where there was greenery galore. Now, to put the next phase of your plan in action.

"Oh, wow, that girl is really cute!"

Crush or not, at your words Leorio had peered around in curiosity, with Kurapika immediately berating him. In that instant, you tackled Hitoshi into a nearby bush, using your nen to harden the branches to conceal both yourself and Hitoshi's presences.

"Freecss--"

"SH!"

Pinching Hitoshi's lips together as you hovered over him, you listened carefully as Leorio began to panic, with Kurapika berating him even more. Soon enough, you could hear them run off and feel their presences fade.

Good thing they hadn't used en, considering you didn't have the thought to use zetsu to hide your aura.

Sure that they were gone, you removed your fingers from Hitoshi's mouth, although you continued to hover over him for a bit, your legs on either side of him. In a sense, it reminded you of your training session with Eijirou, although Hitoshi didn't attempt to push you off.

". . . Can you get off, now?"

Snorting, you rolled off him, wincing as a branch caught onto your arm. "Sorry," you apologized, although your voice lacked the tone for it. "I was tired of Thing One and Thing Two following us everywhere."

The teen beside you sat up, rubbing the back of his head tiredly. "You're not going to get in trouble?"

You shrugged. "It'll be worth it to have some free time for a bit. We should probably go somewhere else before they come back, though."

Releasing your nen on the bush, you helped Hitoshi up, the both of you climbing out of the shrubbery. Immediately, you started giggling at Hitoshi's appearance. His already messy purple hair had leaves sticking out of it, and you probably didn't look any better. Reaching over, you plucked a leaf out of his hair.

"Sorry, it's just really funny." You couldn't stop snickering as you said that, and your companion rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Where are we going, now?"

Oh. You hadn't really thought that far. Pursing your lips, you glanced around once to ensure that your friends weren't nearby. "I guess further into the park? I can use my n- er, quirk, to use the plants to help hide us if Kurapika or Leorio come back, that way."

Hitoshi rubbed the back of his neck, shrugging. "Sounds like a plan. Too bad my quirk doesn't work against you all."

Too bad indeed, but you weren't sure you exactly wanted to mind control Kurapika and Leorio into leaving you all alone. Something about that made you feel uncomfortable.

Confirming once more that your friends weren't around to follow you all, you grabbed Hitoshi's hand and drug him deeper into the park. It wasn't too big, but the spiraling pathways covered in various flora made up for it, not to mention there were hiding places galore in the event that Kurapika or Leorio decided to backtrack. Deep enough on the paths in the park, you finally slowed down, your walk having been absent of any conversation.

Finally, Hitoshi came to a stop, a slight tug on your hand signaling he had something to say. Thankfully, he didn't let go - you weren't sure why, but holding his hand was comforting.

"[Y/n]," he called out, and you immediately whipped back with wide eyes as you processed the fact that he used your first name. "You're going to be going back soon, right? To your world."

At his question, your lips turned downwards into a small frown. "I don't really have a choice." Your voice was weak, and you looked to the side, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Why not? You can stay, if you want."

You can stay, if you want.

That was the problem - you weren't sure what you wanted. For sure, you preferred your own world - you weren't limited at all, and had the freedom to do whatever you wanted, not to mention that Gon for sure would be going back to your world. The thought of never seeing him again made your heart hurt almost unbearably so.

On the other hand, though... Despite all of the grievances you had with this world, you really had made a place for yourself. You had friends, a dad (even if it wasn't legal or official), and honestly? School was starting to grow on you, even though you still struggled. All of your classmates accepted you for who you were, and the lack of life-or-death situations was a nice change than your adventures with Gon and Killua.

But if I stay here... Who will look after Gon? Who will protect him, then?

Your turmoil was obvious as Hitoshi's gaze softened a bit. "You don't have to make a decision right away, right? Since you all have to get your villains back to your world."

You bit your lower lip. Even if you wanted to stay here, you couldn't. You couldn't leave Gon, and you told your friend as much. "I can't leave my little brother to fend for himself, and he has to go back to our world to find his dad. I have to stay with him."

If Hitoshi was disappointed with your answer, he didn't show it; he did let your hand go, though.

". . . I understand."

What did he expect? You couldn't placate him and give him false hope that you would stay in this world. That would be cruel, and you just couldn't do that to your friend - you had to be honest, here.

The silence that enveloped you both now felt awkward as the two of you continued to walk again, and you floundered for a moment, wanting to pick up the mood again. "Um, when I get back from the training camp, though, we should definitely go out again! I'll be here for a while, and I always have fun when I'm with you!"

From the corner of your eye, you could see Hitoshi look away, a light tinge of pink dusting his face. You couldn't help the smile that grew on your own face, but before you could tease him, you felt a hand on your shoulder, pulling you back.

"Did you seriously run from us?!"

You turned around to see Leorio and Kurapika - Leorio having been the one to grab your shoulder - both of whom looked pissed.

Your smile turned into a nervous and wobbly one. "Aha... Ha... Um, fancy seeing you guys again?"

God, you were so in trouble, but at least you had a bit of alone time with Hitoshi. You just hoped it was worth it.