Yulyen (Yuri x Yena, IZ*ONE)

Yujin POV

Hi, I'm IZ*ONE's Ahn Yujin and I have a secret. I am yulyen's biggest shipper...which is awkward considering I am a member of the same group. BUT I can't help it, the two of them are so shippable and honestly are soulmates. Ever since our produce 48 days the two of them have just proven to belong together. 

Lately, I have noticed some issues. It seems that the two of them have been distancing themselves from one another. Yuri unnie has been hanging out more with Kwangbae and Yena unnie with Chaewon unnie. As someone who knows the two of them belong together I can't help but wonder what went wrong.

Yuri unnie and Yena unnie have always had a special bond, they understand each other without even trying, they comfort each other with nothing but a smile. They bring each other to life. I know you're probably thinking I'm overreacting but you truly do not know what true love is until you witness it firsthand. And I have witnessed it between the two of them. The two of them were made for each other, not in a way that they fit perfectly like puzzle pieces but in the way that a key unlocks a door. They make each other better and happier.

Every little moment they have together, just radiates '' we belong together '' energy. Their stolen glances when we're all together as a group. Their little cuddles, every time they hug, every little  peck they give each other on the cheek. Every time they tease each other, every time the fall asleep together. Each and every moment they have is precious.

Yet, they've grown apart. I can't understand why so lately I've been doing some investigating. I've been watching Yuri unnie, Yena unnie, Hyewon unnie and Chaewon unnie closely. I've been third wheeling with all of them every chance I get. I think I know why they grew apart but I can't be sure. 

Lately Yuri unnie has been seeking comfort in Hyewon unnie, getting cuddles and being teased by Hyewon unnie seems to make Yuri unnie feel better. But, I've noticed how jealous she gets when Yena and Chaewon are together, this was the first thing that prompted me to investigate. Yuri unnie and Chaewon unnie are very close, they're like twins so Yuri unnie doesn't make it a big deal but I can tell how she feels. Anyway, Yena unnie and Chaewon unnie aren't serious, to me they're more like siblings than a couple. I will continue my investigation in order to understand what has happened to my OTP!

A few days later...

I found out what happened. Yena unnie is scared of commitment, she doesn't want to commit to Yuri unnie. They had a big fight the other day, it was late at night, most of the members were already asleep. They probably thought they were the only ones still awake but I could hear everything they were saying from the living room. I was studying because my exams are coming up and I guess they had forgotten I was still awake.

They were both outside on the balcony, at first they were chatting and light heartedly laughing but then...

Yuri: Unnie, I need to tell you something.

Yena: Yuri-ah please, not this again, I already told you what I think and how I feel!

Yuri: I know, I know! But please, you need to stop lying yourself. I know how you feel for me and I know that you don't want to lose what we have!

Yena: Hmph, you're right! I don't want to lose what we have which is exactly why we have to keep things the same as they always are! Yuri, please you need to stop. What you think we have can't be, what you want us to be is impossible!

At this point, Yena unnie was practically shouting at Yuri unnie, I could see the both of them tearing up.

Yuri: U-unnie, you know that I can't wait for you forever. You know that I want to be with you for the rest of my life and I know you want to be with me so please, stop being scared and acting this way! Just let this happen, stop fighitng it

Yena: I'm sorry but we can't let this happen, do you really think people will be okay with this? What will our members think? Our friends? Our family? Yuri, please be more responsible we can't just do what we want when so many people are relying on us

Yuri: I know but I can't stop!

Yuri unnie began to raise her voice, she turned to face Yena unnie , she grabbed the sleeve of Yena unnie's shirt gently

''Yena unnie, I love y-''

Yena unnie pulled away and walked back inside, entering the living room. I quickly hid under the blankets and pillows on the couch. I was so close to crying when I looked and saw Yuri unnie was on her knees outside, face in her hands, she was crying. I looked over to Yena unnie who was walking away from her, back facing Yuri unnie. She was crying too, she tried her best the whole time not to hurt Yuri unnie but when it came down to it, there was no other choice. Yena unnie had tears streaming down her face but she tried her best not to let out a sound while she walked to her room. 

I got up and went over to Yuri unnie, she looked up at me, probably expecting me to be Yena unnie, probably wishing I was Yena unnie. 

Yuri: Yujinie, what are you doing her?

Unnie was sniffling and wiping her tears away, I started to sob at the sight of my unnie being heartbroken.

Me: unnie, it's okay, you can cry. I'm here for you

Yuri unnie told me everything that happened and we cried together the whole night on the balcony. I underestimated how serious and how in love the two of them were. As a yulyen shipper, no as a member of IZ*ONE, I will do everything I can to bring them both together.

To be continued probably...