Reader x Chaewon (IZ*ONE)

"Let's breakup."
The two words I was so afraid of hearing. The two words I never wanted to hear from her. I knew it was coming. I deserve it.

"Did you hear me? I said I want to breakup."
I heard her, I just don't know what to say. So I just stare at her, allowing silence to fill the room. It's not awkward, it's not comforting, it's engulfing me. Suffocating me. Drowning me. My mind has gone blank, yet I'm overflowing with emotions in this moment.

"I can't do this anymore, say something."
She looks up from the floor and tries to make eye contact with me but I can't seem to focus on anything in sight as my eyes continue to fill with tears, blurring my vision. Sounds are muffled, I can barely hear through my increasing breaths.

"Please. Just say something."
There's barely any emotion in her voice. What was once a love filled, sweet and calming voice has turned into nothing but pity and sadness.

"I understand. But Chaewon, why?"
My voice is meek, the words squeezing out inbetween my silent sobs. I want to know why. It won't make me feel better an it won't comrort me in any way, why did I ask?

"It's not the same anymore. You say you love me, which I know is true. I know you love me but I can't feel that. You say that you love me and I believe you but I don't feel it. I don't feel it anymore. I don't feel anything anymore. It's like you don't know how to love. I'm scared, I'll forget how to love. I'm empty. It's empty. This relationship is empty."
Ah, there it is. It's my fault. I knew that. I let us get to this point.

Chaewon, I'm sorry. I want to say I'm sorry.
I can't think of anything else to say. I just want her to know I'm sorry.

"I love you. I love you more than you think. I just can't bare this feeling. Even now, you don't even try to argue, you don't even try to tell me how you feel. You just let it go. You're just letting me go. You, nevermind I give up."

We stare at each other for a while. Savouring our last moments together. We both know we'll never be happier with another person than we were with each other. We both know we'll never be angrier or more depressed than we were with one another. Sometimes love isn't enough. This time, love isn't enough.

"So this is it? You really won't say anything?"
She sighs, looks at me with sad, empty eyes. The Chaewon I fell for has seemingly disappeared. The woman I fell for, gone... and it's my fault. It's my fault.

I watch her walk out and I fall to the ground as soon as she's on the other side of door. I bury my head in my hands, sobbing silently.
"Don't leave me."