Waiting

When a bunch of cops show up at a hospital following an ambulance, the doctors can only assume that an officer had gone down. Jake was rushed into surgery as soon as the ambulance arrived.

A nurse came and led the still crying Amy to an exam room. Amy's wrists were cleaned and bandaged, after her cutting them on the handcuffs. The nurse came back in the room once the doctor had cleared her and handed her a pair of navy scrubs. Amy looked down at herself for the first time and notices her clothes were soaked with Jake's blood. He lost a lot of blood. Amy took them and changed into them, bagging her own clothes. She slipped her badge around her neck because she had nowhere else to put it, and left to meet the others in the waiting room.

When Amy walked into the room, it was packed full of officers from different precincts, a couple feds. She wasn't surprised that Gina was there, but for some reason Kylie was there. When Amy got closer Kylie shot up and hugged her best friend.

"Hey. How are doing? Are you okay?" she asked, concerned.

Amy looked around the room at all the eyes on her, and answered, "They bandaged my wrists from where I was pulling on the cuffs, but I wasn't hurt."

Kylie's face relaxed, but her face turned slightly stern. "They already told me you weren't hurt. I asked if you were okay."

Amy bit her lower lip and shook her head, before bursting out into tears again. Kylie pushed her into a chair and sat beside her. Charles came over and crouched in front of her. "Amy. Jake will be fine. Okay? Especially since he has something to fight for."

Amy took a couple deep breaths and wiped at her eyes, nodding at Charles. He handed her a bottle of water which she took and drank gladly.

Two hours later a doctor walked into the room, "Family of Jacob Peralta?"

Amy got up immediately and said, "Is he alright?"

The doctor smiled at her before answering, "It seems so. He has a concussion from the head trauma, but that shouldn't cause any problems in the future. He has 2 bruised ribs, but none were broken. Most of his wounds were superficial. The blood loss concerned us the most, but we were able to repair the bullet wound and stabilize him with blood transfusions. He is in recovery now. You can see him if you like," he said, still looking at Amy.