Chapter IV- Deception and Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Wait up!" Dan exclaimed.

As I headed outside, I overheard Lukey and Odette's conversation.

"Ils partent. Devrions-nous enquêter ici maintenant?"

"Ouais." Lukey nodded.

"Laissez-nous procéder."

I wonder what they were talking about. I barely understood a thing they said.

[Charlotte's POV]

These sudden events are too much for me to handle. I can't decide where I should be-

"Hey, Charlotte." Elizabeth waved at me.

"Ohhh, Elizabeth. Long time no see." I greeted her.

How could she be happy in this situation? This killing game— doesn't it make her afraid?

"I haven't much time to talk to you these days. But I am glad I'm with someone I know." I continued.

"Well, I'm also glad that you're here, and at the same time, worried."

"To be honest, I'm feeling scared and relieved that you're here, too. That I have someone I know, someone I can trust. But the thought of them dying... It hurts, doesn't it?"

"That's exactly what I've been feeling. But Veronica told me that sulking won't get us anywhere. That we should catch the murderer as we try to escape here. It'll work out in the end."

She does make a point. Why am I overthinking? Maybe the thought of betraying people made me indecisive. It is better to have someone you trust. Thanks, Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth, I have something to show you. Will you trust me?"

"Of course, if that what it takes to end this killing game. I'll gladly trust you."

[Reza's POV]

I don't know why but- I feel excited about this. It's like I'm thrilled of the danger I'm facing. The thought of dying-- It's just- It feels exhilarating. But- I shouldn't take this lightly though. I shouldn't take my life for granted.

Hmmm... I should make connections with some people. A secure alibi would protect me from suspicion. Now... I wonder who should I trust.

Hmmm... Omar? He could do. He does look like me. Heck, I could pretend I'm twins with him, but way too risky knowing the twins are also alive for now, or worse, get killed because we really look like twins. Just what I need.

Trusting him shouldn't hurt, right?

I searched for Omar, and I found him on the library, reading.

"Wanna team up?" I whispered to him. He nodded in agreement.

Wow, a straightforward proposal actually got me his trust. I don't know why, but it just makes it easier for me.

"You just need an alibi, right? I'll help you with that." Omar winked as he left the room.

HE KNEW MY INTENTIONS ALL ALONG! Well, no whining about it. I got what I needed anyways. I'll just relax for now, forget that there's a killing game. It should be good for now.