Chapter Twenty Eight

En başından başla

"They're coming," Isaac said.

"Finally, let's get this over with," I said.

"What's got your panties in a bunch?" Lydia asked me.

"She hates psychiatric facilities," Isaac explained, patting my head.

"You would too if you were forced in one," I grumbled.

"Yeah, they aren't fun, especially this one," Stiles mumbled.

By the time we arrived, the sun had already set. Lydia, Kira, and I were standing at the gate, pressing the buzzer trying to gain entrance. The boys were leaning against Stiles' jeep. After a few minutes of pressing the button, the gate opened.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I muttered to myself. We slowly walked in, looking back when the gate slammed shut. I hated this. When we got inside, we went up to the patient registration desk.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." The man said.

"We're here to see-" Scott started, but the man cut him off.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." So we did just that. I placed my phone and keys into the little plastic container. He looked at Kira. "Please remove your belt and place it into the container."

"I kind of need the belt. I mean, it's crucial to the outfit." Kira said. 

"Please remove your belt, which patients will attempt to take from you and use to strangle either themselves or others." The man said. Well, he's pulling no punches.

"Right. Got it." Kira said reluctantly removing her belt and placing it in the container. There was an awkward silence between us and the worker. I glared at him as he stared at Lydia like she was something he wanted to eat. She looked away from him uncomfortably. A gate closed pulling my attention to one of the doctors who entered the room. He motioned for us to follow him. We followed him to a staircase.

"I'll remind you that I'm only doing this as a favor to Deaton. And I'm doing it against my better judgment." He said as we followed him down the stairs.

"Hey, what's the etiquette for talking to this guy? I mean, do you ever look at the other eye?" Stiles asked. 

"I wouldn't. In fact, while you're down here, try not to make eye contact with anyone or anything." He said, looking back at us with a serious look. When finally got to the bottom of the stairs, he walked to a locked door. I tried to follow but was stopped. I noticed that Scott, Kira, and Isaac were stopped too.

"You didn't think you were all going, did you?" The doctor asked. 

"It's mountain ash, isn't it?" Scott asked. 

"Everywhere, but heavily concentrated down here." He said and opened the door for Lydia and Stiles. "Valack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall."

"We'll be right here," Scott assured them. Lydia and Stiles walked through the door.

"What's going on in there?" I asked my friends with advanced hearing. Scott turned his head toward the way they went.

"I can't hear anything." He said, stepping back toward us.

"Me either," Isaac said. I leaned against the wall with a sigh.

"Must be the mountain ash." Scott surmised. 

"I feel it too," Kira admitted.

"To be honest, I feel a little weak," I said.

"Yeah, it's like being sedated," Scott said, flexing his hand.

"I hate this feeling." I sighed.